Add Description/Help Window to Equipment Menu

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by mauroamatosi, Nov 20, 2019.

1. mauroamatosi

mauroamatosi Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Task; Amend or create a Script for VX Ace that shows the Help/Description Window when equipment is selected.

Morning Everyone. I'm just shy of 6 years into working on my RPG Maker Game and have hit a brick wall with a script. This is the script I'm using https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/expanded-actor-menu.28121/. The script is Mr Trivel's Expanded Actor Menu if for some reason the link doesn't work.

The feature that I need adding is the help/description box when the player is looking at how equipment changes stats in the menu. If anyone can take a look at this please let me know. I've spend what feels like endless hours trying to figure this out. I'm so desperate we can look at this as a paid commission if it's not something straight forward.

Thanks for reading.

2. Ossra

Ossra Formerly Exhydra Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    mauroamatosi and Ebanyle like this.
  3. mauroamatosi

mauroamatosi Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you so much @Ossra .
    The only odd thing is that now the equipped weapon's stats don't add to the stats on the menu. I've added a screenshot. As you can see the Charisma (Luck) is red and showing what the stats would be without the Patriot Gimmick (Weapon).
    Is there any simple fix for this?
    Otherwise the edits you made are perfect and I'm extremely grateful.

Mauro
    upload_2019-11-20_16-44-55.png

4. Ossra

Ossra Formerly Exhydra Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @mauroamatosi Hmm, the only time that the script showed the color adjustment in parameters -- green or red -- was when the player was selecting a new piece of gear (as seen in my screen shot above). That is how the script functions with the original code, as well. Were there other edits that were made to the script? If so, I would need access to the edited script to insert the new help text feature.

EDIT: Oh, I might see what you mean. Maybe. Try this edit.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019