RMMV Add exclamation mark to actor's action in battle

garret95

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spannish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there, I'm a Spanish user and I'm currently having a problem with actor's action text in battle.
I need to put an exclamation mark right before the actor's name because we use two instead of just one at the end.
Is there any line of code I can modify to make this work?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just enter the upside-down exclamation mark before the %1 in the skill's message box.

garret95

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spannish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you mean like this?

Sin nombre.png

If so it says "[Actor] ¡usa %1!"

Muk adel heid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi!.

You'd want to look for a line inside of the "rpg_windows.js" which contains this:
this.push('addText', subject.name() + item.message1.format(item.name));
I think is the line number 5076.

Replace that line with this one :

this.push('addText', "HERE!"+subject.name() + item.message1.format(item.name));

Replace "HERE!" with any word you want. It shows something behind the actor's name. So you may want to add the exclamation mark right there. ( "¡" )

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ohh, I forgot MV had the actor name built-in; MZ has it as part of the message, probably to avoid cases very much like this one. The above solution should work for your needs; the only potential exception is if you ever want to have a use message without an exclamation mark in it, for which you'd need an if statement to determine whether message1 ends with one to determine whether to show it or not.

garret95

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spannish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It worked! Oh my god it finally worked...

Thank you both for your assistance, problem solved!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

hmm in exploring MZ with FOSSIL... I see I'll probably need to stick with MV for now as none of the menu altering plugins I use work on MZ lol. and I don't have the money to dump into what I would need in some cases to update plugins to their MZ versions. Everytime I think of converting, 5 or more reasons popup on why I shouldn't.
Hmm... Game has 91 views, 25 downloads, 5 reviews and netted me 7 additional followers. Meanwhile the image I posted just yesterday on Imgur to showcase it has 45,197 views. Interesting, I think I have a new advertising idea. Also Twitter? The post got 16 retweets, 20 likes, and 1,683 views.... And a whole 3 hits to my game, completely valueless. I am glad I did this game jam, this information is quite valuable.
We're playing another Touch the Stars game jam entry, come join us! :D
Ok is telling someone that their drawing isnt good rude
I'm familiar with MZ thanks to jam now. I say it's a better working and looking MV. Lots of plugins too and FOSSIL helps alot. It's not bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLTY