upaw

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Not sure if this goes here its my first post but I am trying to make a skill that tears the enemies heart out and add an item (aka the heart of that enemy) to my inventory but I am not sure how to go about doing that, I have tried everything I could think of so I figured id ask here.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
basically have a common event attached that checks the target and creates the item if needed.

upaw

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
basically have a common event attached that checks the target and creates the item if needed.
I have tried this, it was actually my last attempt before I came here, it didn't work because I couldn't create a condition for if its used on a certain enemy without such a condition I cant add that heart to the inventory.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think a lunatic code should work, that if skill is used,
a x% changes to gain the item if it's used on enemyID x,
otherwise, normal dmg.

a conditional change might work, in the troop, or on the enemy to see
if the skill is used on it, otherwise, I dont know what else you could try.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
make a "CE target" state and have the skill add that state before it calls the common event.
this way the event can check every possible target for that state.
just remember to remove the state from all possible targets at the end of the event.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I couldn't create a condition for if its used on a certain enemy
you'll need several steps to circumvent that problem without plugins.

first, you make a target staate that has no icon, no messages and no effect - just its name to identify the skill target.
on the skill, you apply that state to the target in addition to calling the common event.
in the common event, you check all enemies if they have the state.
if yes, check the rest of your conditions for that enemy, create the item and remove the state.

upaw

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
you'll need several steps to circumvent that problem without plugins.

first, you make a target staate that has no icon, no messages and no effect - just its name to identify the skill target.
on the skill, you apply that state to the target in addition to calling the common event.
in the common event, you check all enemies if they have the state.
if yes, check the rest of your conditions for that enemy, create the item and remove the state.
I will look into this, I use the yanfly battle script so if there is a better way I am not seeing let me know!

Edit: Sorry this has the same problem of not locking onto a target, the only workaround would be to use countless states clogging up my states needlessly. Would it help if I uploaded a picture of what I was trying to do?

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would it help if I uploaded a picture of what I was trying to do?
yes - because what was described above is the usual way that has worked for dozens orhundreds of other games. and without needing many states, although the number of states needed depends on what exactly you want to do.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Untitled.png
at most would only ever need 2 states. "CE target" and "skill user"

Last edited:

upaw

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Screenshot from 2021-09-19 08-13-29.png
Here is the common event I started working on, I don't know maybe I'm just stupid... the idea is every enemy the player faces is instantly slain when the skill is used and the heart is added to the players inventory, the problem is that I cannot figure out a way to make the conditional branch work.

Small Edit: What I am trying to do is make something that tells the engine to add a dragons heart if the enemy is a dragon or a lycans heart if the enemy is a lycan.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you'll probably be better off with a steal/snatch plugin if want a different item from each different enemy ID.
edit: yanfly's poach tips and tricks doesnt event use steal/snatch. just skill core

Last edited:

upaw

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ok I will try that then thanks!

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not sure if saw the edit about the poach tips and tricks.
a 3rd option could be extra enemy drops plugin.
<Conditional Item X Drop>
Last Strike Skill Y: +100%
</Conditional Item X Drop>

upaw

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
not sure if saw the edit about the poach tips and tricks.
a 3rd option could be extra enemy drops plugin.
<Conditional Item X Drop>
Last Strike Skill Y: +100%
</Conditional Item X Drop>
Thanks I will keep that in mind, the option you gave me earlier works with yanflys steal/snatch plugin, ill need to see if I can change the text that appears tho or it will be very... idk weird...

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ill need to see if I can change the text that appears tho or it will be very... idk weird...
thats in plugin parameters

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The new Dune movie reminds me of the game Dune 2 made by Westwood. A quality product on its own, but extremely disloyal to its source of inspiration.
Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haniel_Sword