RMMV Add line breaks to Window_EquipSlot using YEP_EquipCore?

dreamless

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

This isn't a critical feature for my game, but I was wondering how to introduce linebreaks to Window_EquipSlot. There are three "categories" of equipment and it would be nice to cluster them on the equipment screen, to better communicate this aspect.

willfardig

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I understand what you're trying to do. Using a screenshot from my own game using EquipCore as reference, are you looking for something like this? This is an edited photo, but if this is what you mean, I can look into my scripts and see what can be found to figure this out.Screenshot (154).png
If this isn't what you were asking for, let me know.

dreamless

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is exactly what I'm looking for!

willfardig

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is exactly what I'm looking for!
What kinds of groupings are you going for? It's possible this will have to be custom tailored to your specific set of equipments given that I am not extremely proficient with all of this, I have just done something similar with other menus and am applying that same process here.

dreamless

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Similar to yours but with more in each group: Slots 1, 2, 3 then 4, 5, 6, then 7, 8, 9, 10.

willfardig

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As I said, I am not terribly proficient with JS. But, I've been looking into how to fix this and I've narrowed down what I need to work on, I believe. Before I go into trying to code a solution, here is a band aid fix if you don't care about not having text that says empty:

1. You can make two new equipment types that have no name. They will go in spots 4 and 8 for you I believe (leaving you with 1,2,3, _, 5,6,7, _, 9,10,11,12) and everything else would have to be pushed down.
2. In the plugin parameters you can remove the Empty text and the icon for Empty slots.
3. Make those new empty slots "sealed" for each character.
4. Adjust the original weapons/armor in your game to fit the new types.
5. You should now have line breaks that must be scrolled through.

That is not what you're looking for, I don't believe, so the actual solution is going to take me some more time to look into. If that happens to work for you then great, but otherwise I will try my best here to get the line breaks figured out!

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Open the plugin in a text editor, go to line 664.

Change that line to read:
Code:
    let drawIndex = index + (index>5 ? 2 : index>2 ? 1 : 0);  var rect = this.itemRectForText(drawIndex);

willfardig

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks like ATT_Turan has it! Sorry my prior solution was probably not what you were looking for, OP.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

if we get a trailer for shadow of the erdtree words won't describe how happy i'll be. keeping my hype down but, fingers crossed
Off to LEGOLAND today! Yes, my wife and I are in our 50s and going to LEGOLAND without any small children. Stop judging us! Apparently, there are places you can't go without being accompanied by a child in LEGOLAND. Which is kind of the opposite of what is usual. But our kids are all grown and we have never been. LEGO KRAMPUS here I come!
I decided that for the video game i will work next year i will use characters from my TCG as main characters for the RPGMAKER game, so expand the universe, that will be a cool :CoOoOL: Here some of my characters :

Ah also yes I'm accepting commission in case tat you ask for haha.
Some people shouldn't be parents. Someone put their toddler in the hallway of the apartment building I live in at 11 p.m.... and let her wander. The heck is wrong with people?!
Twitch! Strean is currently live with some more gamedev! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpplayer158