Add Mosnter Drop Quest

Melina

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just begann with my first game and I think for the first time its pretty good but there is one thing I dont understand.
Where or how you make Monster Drop Quest or item quest. I wanted to do it like that, that the faher of the second "Hero" wanted that I bring him 5 Monster Eyes and thats a random monster drop so I dont really know how to do it.
And I dont use any Quest Plug Ins just because no one really worked for me...

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'General Discussion' is for looking at broad themes of making a game. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions go in the Support forum for the engine you are using.
[move]RPGMaker MV[/move]

sura_tc

Loner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
Other
Provided that you are using MV...,

I guess a common event raising count by 1 every time it detects the random loot would be one way to do it. When counter reaches 5, let it turn off and give the player a notification that you got enough.

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would use the father's event to make this quest. Have your dialog set up on the first page where he asks you to bring him 5 monster eyes, then set Self Switch A on. The next page would have the condition Self Switch A, for when he's already given you the quest. More information on this page below. The last page will have the condition Self Switch B, for when the quest is complete, and he can say something like "Thanks for bringing me those monster eyes."

Without a script call:
The way to do Page 2 without a script call is to have a conditional branch check if the party has the item "Monster Eye". If they don't, he can say something like "You haven't brought me enough monster eyes yet." If they do, use Change Items to decrease the number of monster eyes in the party's inventory by one, then Control Variables to increase a variable "Monster Eyes Recovered" by one. Then add a conditional branch to check if "Monster Eyes Recovered" is >= 5. If yes, have him say "That's five monster eyes!" and give the reward and turn on Self Switch B; otherwise have him say something like, "That's one more monster eye. You've brought me \v[x] so far." Where x is the variable number for Monster Eyes Recovered.

This approach is a little clunky because you have to give him the monster eyes one by one. There are more complicated ways to use a Loop and another variable to remove multiple monster eyes (still one by one, but handled behind the scenes), but for now I'm focusing on the simpler method.

With a script call:
Page 2 is faster and easier with a script call. Instead of all the above, use a conditional branch with the script requirement below, replacing x with the item ID for Monster Eye from your database.
$gameParty.numItems($dataItems[x]) >= 5;
If true, have him say, "You've brought me the monster eyes!" (EDIT, Remove the monster eyes here!) and give the reward and turn Self Switch B on.
Otherwise, have him say, "You don't have enough monster eyes yet."

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is all too much complex.

Since this is a Monster drop quest, have the enemies in that area give that item as a drop when killed.
And on the father event, use control variable to get the number of Monster eyes in inventory into a temporary variable, then use conditional branch to check if the Humber is five or higher.

Absolutely no need for script or counting at all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:
Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?
Halloween, a day where kids are encouraged to take candy from strangers.
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vendomis