Add new battle command...

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Yuuta Kirishima, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Yuuta Kirishima

Yuuta Kirishima Software Engineer/Professional Mayonnaise Player Veteran

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay so I have this system.. basically I want to add a new battle command if an actor is in the party. E.g.

The current party is Eric and Natalie, and the battle commands are Fight, Guard Item, and run. but when Terrence is added to the party the commands become Fight, Fly, Guard, Item. How would I go about doing this? Essentially I would like that new battle command to open a new skills list.

2. Mirpono

Mirpono But what do I know? Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If it's just Terrence, make a new skill type (special/magic/fly - you can do that without scripts, can't you?) and make all the new spells that type, then give them to him. The group will only appear for him.

4. Yuuta Kirishima

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's for all the actors, it would be easy if it was just for terrence; but it is not, unfortunately...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
  5. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Go to Window_PartyCommand and you'll see:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Create Command List  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def make_command_list    add_command(Vocab::fight,  :fight)    add_command(Vocab::escape, :escape, BattleManager.can_escape?)  endTurn it into something like:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Create Command List  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def make_command_list    add_command(Vocab::fight,  :fight)    if $game_party.members.include?($data_actors[12]) add_command(Vocab::escape, :escape, BattleManager.can_escape?) else add_command("Fly", :flight, BattleManager.can_escape?) end  endReplace 12 with Terrance's Actor ID.  Of course, you also need to make the command for Flight.

6. Yuuta Kirishima

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was kind of wondering if there was a way to do this without scripting but I see this must be the best way.