Add Shader To Your Rpg Games :)

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Leon Kennedy, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Leon Kennedy

Leon Kennedy Restaff Novice Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Download here

Enjoy your 82 shaders for your games :)

The EULA states this is fine to use for non-profit games with credit to crosire and a copy of the eula with game. Commercial games you're gonna have to use the pixi filters.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Jonforum likes this.
  2. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I assume we don't have to do it if we understand PIXI filters.
    But if this filter can be tinkered with from the game, then it's an useful tool for those with no programming knowledge.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Jonforum likes this.
  3. Leon Kennedy

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Last I knew you needed to add in the filter manually every new map and that the text filters were just discovered[meaning how to use on rpgmv] and debugged by jon but I could be mistaken. This is filter start to finish. Also does not interfere with other plugins as requested here by this user.

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/menu-background-filters.88600/

4. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Adding a filter to every map is not a problem.
    Screenshot_470.png
    And if I wanted, I could just add SceneManager_scene as a child to a parent container and do everything through that parent container, so I wouldn't even need that. It's just an extra line of code or two.
    What are text filters? PIXI.Text, just like every PIXI renderable object, can contain default PIXI filters.
    There is one thing that is true though, PIXI filters are WebGL only.

Jonforum and Leon Kennedy like this.
  5. Jonforum

Jonforum Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    not shure am understand what you do , but it cool lol !
    but plz learn to encode in HD !
    like say @Poryg , shader are control by pixi very easy step.
    I think you complicate your task enormously!
    download last release here:
    https://github.com/pixijs/pixi.js/releases
    and also download and add library in the HTML file of your project:
    https://github.com/pixijs/pixi-filters/releases

After you can add any filter effect inside sprites with the filter proprety.
    But what you do are cool and very nice.

6. Leon Kennedy

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmm very nice. One last question, how many filters does pixi have? Reshade has 32 and actually has 33 being that's a custom one you can make yourself.

7. Jonforum

Jonforum Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    full lists and demo here
    http://pixijs.io/pixi-filters/tools/demo/
    but you need update to last version for take all filter.

Leon Kennedy likes this.
  8. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    http://pixijs.io/pixi-filters/tools/demo/
    Color matrix filter shows basic filters presets, but you can build any color combination with it you want. I redid whole Tint screen with it (had no choice, had to do it when I transferred my game from default ticker to PIXI ticker).
    And just completely off topic, could you please upload the file somewhere else? Mediafire redirects to ads that contain malware.

Leon Kennedy likes this.
  9. Leon Kennedy

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So basically it's as you said, beginners that don't understand pixi could use this instead though this does have it's firehoops to jump through as well or someone that just wants a couple extra filters. I see you can adjust the pixi filters via that site but is that the same via script? Here is the full filter list from reshade. Below on the text file you can adjust but it would be hard pressed for the user to know exactly how to edit them correctly lol.

#define USE_ASCII 0 //[0 or 1] Ascii : Converts the image to Ascii-art.
    #define USE_CARTOON 0 //[0 or 1] Cartoon : "Toon"s the image.
    #define USE_SMAA 1 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the SMAA technique.
    #define USE_FXAA 0 //[0 or 1] FXAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the FXAA technique.
    #define USE_EXPLOSION 0 //[0 or 1] Explosion : Scatters the pixels, making the image look fuzzy.
    #define USE_CA 0 //[0 or 1] Chromatic Aberration : Mimics the look of a cheap camera lens, by distorting the colors.
    #define USE_ADVANCED_CRT 0 //[0 or 1] Advanced CRT : Simulates an old CRT TV display. (has a very high performance cost)
    #define USE_PIXELART_CRT 0 //[0 or 1] PixelArt CRT : Scanlines for pixel art (high performance cost)
    #define USE_BLOOM 1 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_HDR 0 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_LUMASHARPEN 0 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Sharpens the image.
    #define USE_LENS_DISTORTION 0 //[0 or 1] Cubic Lens Distortion : Distorts the lens cubicly. (WIP)

#define USE_NOSTALGIA 0 //[0 or 1] Nostalgia : Remember when you played that game you always played on that first system of yours? You don't? Well here is a reminder.
    #define USE_LEVELS 0 //[0 or 1] Levels : Sets a new black and white point. This increases contrast but causes clipping. Use Curves instead if you want to avoid that.
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR 0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR2 0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR 2 : Yet another Technicolor effect - not sure if this stays or not. Let me know if you like it.
    #define USE_DPX 0 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
    #define USE_MONOCHROME 1 //[0 or 1] Monochrome : Monochrome makes the colors disappear.
    #define USE_COLORMATRIX 0 //[0 or 1] Color Matrix : Allows color modification using a user-defined color matrix.
    #define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 0 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights.
    #define USE_TONEMAP 0 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
    #define USE_VIBRANCE 0 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
    #define USE_CURVES 0 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
    #define USE_SEPIA 0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
    #define USE_VIGNETTE 0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
    #define USE_FILMGRAIN 0 //[0 or 1] Film Grain : Adds film grain to the image.
    #define USE_DITHER 0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
    #define USE_BORDER 0 //[0 or 1] Border : Can be used to create letterbox borders around the image.
    #define USE_SPLITSCREEN 0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode. (Only partially working right now)

#define USE_TRANSITION 0 //[0 or 1] Transition : Shows a welcome screen and then transitions to the regularly scheduled programming

#define USE_DEPTH 0 //[0 or 1] Depth : Enables the possibility to display the depth buffer - You will still need to toogle it on/off with (*) in-game

#define USE_CUSTOM 0 //[0 or 1] Custom : Write your own shader by editing custom.h, and then enable it here.

10. Jonforum

Jonforum Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hey

I had talked a little with the author.
    https://github.com/pixijs/pixi-text-style/issues/6
    I asked him for a visual generator with code for the text, he made it,:
    Pixi Style Generator
    but i also asking for a generator code for PIXI FILTERS, he told me he did not have the motivation and the time to made it.
    but if someone has the motivation to do it it in html, will be great, I will probably reiterate my request.
    and I encourage you to ask too, the more asking there is, the more chance you will have of this tool.
    try a request with @bigtimebuddy

Leon Kennedy likes this.
  11. Leon Kennedy

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well jeez guy kinda seems like a jerk. Not hating on the pixi at all because it has filters that are way better than reshade but also reshader just plain has way more filters. [I'm personally gonna use them both together the godrays and nostalgia together hehe]. But I agree he should be pressed to give generator code as well as adding many more filters but it seems like he doesn't wanna put in the time and effort for it @Jonforum

12. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you want to use the predefined options, then it is just one line of a code, because these options shown in the site are indeed predefined, I can guarantee that (since by using the desaturate I found out how to use that filter properly). If you want to build a custom filter, it's up to 20 lines of code, because in the matrix you have a 5x4 network, 5 lines for R, 5 lines for G, 5 lines for B and 5 lines for.... Whatever it does.
    But you can build any custom filter with them.
    Btw. I included how I handled screen tint. Right is initial input (ignore ccc line), left is the tint handling. Still needs to be reworked for a battle scene filter, but other than that it's ready.

Attached Files:

Leon Kennedy likes this.
  13. Leon Kennedy

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm just wondering why I don't see pixi on most games already? I'm already scrambling to edit my game with both these as we speak lol.

14. Jonforum

Jonforum Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    because most game are made with UNITY in C#, its the next step for me.
    befor one game in js, for win,android,mac
    after a game in C# for win,android,mac,Xbox,Nintendo,Sony
    and also i want made game in VR

Leon Kennedy likes this.
  15. Leon Kennedy

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I see, but I meant most rpgmv games haha.

16. Jonforum

Jonforum Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I find the developer of rmmv rather innovative, knowing that at the beginning of rmmv PIXI was not worth much.
    PIXI evolve very quickly, thanks to open source, and rmmv can evolve quickly, thanks to PIXI , that was integrate from the beginning.
    However they can not follow PIXI as quickly because they have to take into account any programmer who develops tools for the project before.
    Personally I only use about 10 to 15% of rmmv source code.
    The rest is coded by me.
    Basically the software has a very solid basis code for making a game.

Leon Kennedy likes this.
  17. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    PIXI is in every game, since MV uses PIXI as its 2D renderer. However, many people are scared of programming or just feel the default engine is enough, which is why we have overuse of Yanfly's and MOG's plugins for various design thingies. Many people are also scared of PIXI, even though basic use is really not that difficult and can grant you a lot of freedom. And even MV doesn't use nearly as much of PIXI as it could or should have. Resource handling is poorly optimized. Hundreds of update functions put a strain on the cpu. And I could continue.

Leon Kennedy likes this.
  18. Jonforum

Jonforum Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ya like the basic sprite and bitmap !!
    or the pixi loader, i have been forced to patch it, but i can not change all basic code, it will be too much work and will fu.ck me.
    PHP:
    // initialise game and also all pixiLoader from all plugin here
    // if all loader texture and data are ready , Scene_Boot.start() basic loader
    Scene_Boot.prototype.isReady = function() {
        if (
    Scene_Base.prototype.isReady.call(this)) {
            if(
    DataManager.isDatabaseLoaded() && this.isGameFontLoaded()){ // rmmv loaded

if(pixiSSA._loaderFinish){ //ALSO WAIT ALL PIXILOADER IN PROJECT

return true;
                }else{

pixiSSA.initialize();
                    return 
    false;
                }
            }
        } else {
            return 
    false;
        }
    };

Scene_Boot.prototype.start = function() {

Scene_Base.prototype.start.call(this);

// preload all important plugin pixiSSA && pixiMS
        //pixiSSA.initialize_after(); // start plugin after pixiloader

SoundManager.preloadImportantSounds();

this.checkPlayerLocation();

DataManager.setupNewGame();

// pixiSSA.initialize_after(); // initialise Actor AnimationID

SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map);

Window_TitleCommand.initCommandPosition();

this.updateDocumentTitle();
    };

the problem is that if rmmv makes a radical change, may say goodbye to 80% of plugins for users who do not know the programming.
    The basic RPG Maker has been thought for child games.
    I remember when I was 12 years old, I had fun on the ps1 to exchange rpg maker games CD burn with other people in the school bus ..
    it was so fun, but had to hack his ps1 wit ha special ships for read Burned CD.
    Nostalgie
    [​IMG]

Leon Kennedy likes this.
  19. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I understand why they don't use pixi loader. PIXI loader can load, but cannot handle encrypted files. Also, you cannot use add, load and then add again, you'd have to create a new loader each time you load new resources. So I perfectly understand why they did not use pixi loader.
    However, they could use their loader to load and decrypt resources, but then PIXI.Texture.fromImage. Instead they use javascript to generate texture and then they make a pixi texture from it, then they finally assign the texture to the sprite.

20. Leon Kennedy

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Poryg @Jonforum So are some of the filters on that list not avail on rpgm? Because I tried a few and none but tint worked..