Alexandr_7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Description of the Feature:
  • Add the ability to pause the timer, or better, make it work the same as in RPG Maker 2003.

Mockups:
Timer_Pause.png
Timer_rm_2003.png

Why is this feature good?
This feature is great because of the following:
  • It will be possible to pause the timer during dialogues.
  • It will be possible to come up with new traps where the timer stopped. The player is happy but something is happening and the timer continues to run again.
  • Option 2 is very good as it will also allow you to do things where the timer is shown earlier but the countdown starts after certain actions. For example, you can make a challenge in the game where you need to defuse a bomb before the countdown begins. In this case, a timer with a countdown time will already be shown, but it will start later.

Possible issues with this feature?
Issues that might arise from this feature:
  • For the 1st option, you will also have to add the "continue timer countdown" function. In MZ, the "Start" button is designed as a completely new timer. In option 2, this is not required since the "Start" button should only start the time, and the "Set Time" button should set the timer time and initialize it.
  • Option 2 will require many changes. For example, the "Start" button will need to be divided into 2 separate buttons: the "Set Time" button and the "Start" button, where the "Start" button will only start the timer countdown, and the "Set Time" button will perform the role of initializing the timer and setting its time ... And it is this button that will display the timer on the screen.

Last edited:

The Row

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Sumrndm more or less fixed this for them in MV, not looking at scripts like this, ignoring them when making an upgrade is a shame.
Others also added functions since the basic timer is way to basic without any options at all. But pesonally I used Sumrndm script mainly due to the fact that it autopaused the timer when the player lost controll, like when a msg was shown. It also allowed me to play around with puzzles rewardig the player, or time challenges, giving bonus time when certain things were achived by the player.

For more info on what I am refering too:

I somewhat feel like the people behind Rpg maker, instead of adding things themselves, takes for granted others will do it for them.

Alexandr_7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Pause timer is a very useful option anyway.
Pravdo once again pondering, I realized the jamb of the 1st option. For the 1st option, you also need to add a continue button. Option 2 implies that the Start button will start the Timer and the Set Time Button will set the time. The pause button will pause the timer. The Stop button will stop the timer.
Option 2 will make the function more complex, but nevertheless give more options to the developer. However, it will still be easier than writing plugins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:
Oh man I've been struggling with event spawners and Qmovement compatibility for quite a while- went as far as to use a tool just to pick crops :kaocry: but Ritter got their spawner to work with Qmove and I'm screeing! It's still in testing period but just- the feeling of getting over a large gameplay hurdle is a HUGE relief, I'm so thankful to Ritter! It's a cheap paid plugin but totally worth it!
Welp, I just finished my favorite part of RPG making which is creating skills, now onto the tasks I like less so the motivation is lower. At least I'll get to create new ones while designing enemies!
New to MV... Awesome forum, cheers everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polur