add update for show text adding a menu for shortcuts The control characters in MZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathkyo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think it might be a good idea to add shortcut menu for control characters . making it easier to quickly control characters
to be used. just scroll down too to the control character you need click. and then it adds it to the window all you need to do then is add your the Pacific number , item or whatever the control character needs. to function properly.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
actually scrolling through and clicking on something is more work than just typing it in, especially if you are already typing the message itself.

Think about it: you would need one button to trigger the process, most probably by typing \
then on one hand you'll have the entire process of going from keyboard to grabbing the mouse, scrolling through the list and clicking on the text code you want - while on the other hand you type one regular letter on the keyboard you're already using, followed by an open bracket.

and the rest of it like typing in the number and the closing bracked you would have to do by keyboard anyway even in your variant.

I see absolutely no advantage to that proposal.

nathkyo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
if by your logic. why did they put the insert color index and icon index. they should just remove those options. and seeing as you're an expert and can remember all the different commands maybe they should remove the control characters pop up as well which might mention I add disappears once you start typing. it might be quicks and easier if somebody can't remember the symbols. or maybe somebody uses. a typing program instead of a keyboard. Just because you can't see the purpose. the advantage is that the option is there. not some little pop up that's there until you start typing. sorry if I came across a little rude.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You could always write them down, so you have something to reference.

\V[n] Will be replaced with the value of the nth variable.
\N[n] Will be replaced with the name of the nth actor.
\P[n] Will be replaced by the name of the nth (arranged order) party member.
\G Will be replaced by the currency unit.
\C[n] Draw the subsequent text in the nth color. Text color conforms to the contents of the [Window.png] system image.
\I[n] Draws the nth icon.
\FS[n] Changes the text font size to 'n'.
\{ Increases the text by 1 step.
\} Decreases the text by 1 step.
\\ Replaced with the backslash character.
\$ Open the gold window.
\. Wait for 1/4 second.
\| Wait for 1 second.
\! Wait for button input.
\> Display remaining text on same line all at once.
\< Cancel the effect that displays text all at once.
\^ Do not wait for input after displaying the next.

YAY! for copy/paste! :biggrin:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a specific forum for suggestions. Please post in there, using the template provided. Otherwise your suggestion will probably get lost.

Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)
Q:"Why don't you get a job?"
A: Posting statuses IS my job. It just so happens to not pay and happen periodically over the course of three months.
My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Westernnimbus