Added Fighters not the right level.

Discussion in 'RPG Maker 2000/2003' started by Benny Jackdaw, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Benny Jackdaw

Benny Jackdaw Ratty! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Trying to make this RPG where you are this giant monster who must protect himself against Hunters, and it might not be as interesting as I'm making that sound, especially since it's kind of an idle RPG with the usual things you expect from me. Basically, there is a series of AI controlled fights involving four heroes and a giant monster, but the game progresses when the monster wins instead of the heroes.

Before each fight yet, you play a Mini-Game, and how well you do in the Mini-Game determines how strong the monster is. When programming the second stage, however, I noticed something wrong.

The hero is in the second stage are supposed to be very strong. They start out at level 20 and their max level is 20. But when the giant monster fights them, it feels like they are a much lower level than they should be. I checked and I'm adding the right characters into the event code, but why are they not the right level?

2. JosephSeraph

JosephSeraph White Mage Restaff

First Language:
    Portuguese
    What do you mean by "it feels" like they're not at the right level? Can you pinpoint their stats exactly and the scenario?
    An easy way to check these things when you're in battle is by using the Control Variable command to set the variable = a character's Level or Strength, for example, and use the Message command with \v[X] command to retrieve the Level or their stats.

3. Benny Jackdaw

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    By that, I mean when I fight them in a tuft battle, they seem a lot stronger than when I fight them in game, even though they are supposed to be level locked.

4. JosephSeraph

JosephSeraph White Mage Restaff

First Language:
    Portuguese
    ok so it's the Actors that, on test battle mode are at the correct level, but inside the actual game are at a lower level than supposed to?

Once again, the way to test that for sure and know the exact numbers (essential if you want to fix this) is to use the Set Variable command to whichever value you want to retrieve (in this case, the actors' level) and then print that with a Show Message command.

There's some things that are still not very clear to me -- in your game, the Actor is the Monster, and the enemies are the heroes you play against, or are the heroes Actors and the Monster is an enemy?

You could also post screenshots of your code to help us help you, perhaps.

5. Benny Jackdaw

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    The hero is are still the actors, got the game only progresses if the monster wins.

I did manage to find a workaround. All I needed to do was raise the level of the actors using an event code to get their correct level.