1. Yep, we've always had a problem getting that part right, I haven't touched it because it's been so long since anyone mentioned it!
2. It's world building, definitely. If you recall a tombstone that had the name "Tai" on it, this becomes incredibly relevant later on, some of the names are relevant figures in history, a handful refer to parts in the games backstory and the rest are puns on existing people (my favourite is Diheo Jokima)
3. Yep. Broccoli was added early on to give people a chance to survive the 'tutorial fight' since originally it would wipe a person out if they weren't keeping on top of healing. It's really only there to give a small help. Example: you're your out of Pots and your healer doesn't have the TP to regen his Mana or something like that. Once you leave Kiria Broccoli will be forgotten about. I hope.
4. I was of the opinion that making it so frustratingly slow would make players want to find other means of restoring mana, especially at later levels of the game, but because of the differences between when the Meditation system was first made and the game now, I think I will do as you've suggested and make meditation the primary Mana restorer.
5. I enjoy making them! Im taking a Dark Souls approach to the plot. The main story is being told with no subtlety and that'll work but if players feel they really want to get a deep understanding of why X faction, Y character and Z events are really happening and interacting the way they are, they can find lots of subtler hints and explanations are points to piece together the big story that sets everythign in motion.
6. That text will definitely be removed.
7. D'oh! Thanks for noticing! I'll get on it
8. In which areas? Or do you mean generally?
Thank you for playing the demo. How far did you get in it?
Also, I'm interested to know your thoughts on the game as a whole, especially in regards to the story so far.
Any favourite characters? (my favourite is Carmach)