Adding a category to the Generator

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by Myers_A, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Myers_A

Myers_A Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey all,

I've been experimenting with the character generator a bit recently.  I've found that it is a lot easier to make a male character look really villainous than a female so I've been transferring a lot of the slides to other folders.  One thing I've also noticed is that I like the armor selections much better in the Male section and want to transfer them over to the female section.  The problem is that in terms of clothing, male and female characters have different neck sizes and so when I transfer clothing files to the different genders, nothing looks right.  Does anyone know how to add another category to the character generator, call it "body type" or something similar, so that I can make full use of both wardrobes?  I use a Mac operating system and Steam.

2. EmperorZelos

EmperorZelos Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    The custom extended one?

3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This is not a Game Mechanic, nor is it a design question.  There is a forum specifically for dealing with questions about resource creation and deployment.  So...

I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

4. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You cannot add new categories with the standard RPG Maker MV generator. I would have proposed you mine, but unfortunately it is designed for Windows, not for Mac.

Hence, you'll have to redraw the resources you want to adapt to the other category.