kj3400

Hmph Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm using Hime's Cover Conditions (http://himeworks.com/2013/11/cover-conditions/) and I'm trying to define the condition for a particular battler to be covered as being hit by any skill with a certain element.

Edit: I've been rooting around trying to find a solution and I've noticed atk_elements and item.damage.element_id floating around. Could I use these terms to check if an incoming attack is of a particular element before it hits the cover target allowing the person covering them to block the attack and if so, how would I phrase the argument in the formula notetag? I'm not very good at this programming language, but I'm trying to learn.

Last edited:

kj3400

Hmph Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A week later, I've figured out the solution to my problem, and I'll post it here for posterity.
It's
<cover condition>
i.damage.element_id == 3
</cover condition>
where 3 is the element, in this case, fire. Worked like a charm.
Since I solved my problem, this thread can be closed, I guess.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Only 3 more days to get your copy of Move That Box! with -15% discount!
1660090657213.png
Mistakes will be made.
After three years, it was awesome to be back at Gen Con!
Words of Wisdom: You can be honest and alone. Or dishonest and together.
Working on mapping using RPGTools to create parallax maps using PVgames tiles/assets. It's super cool... but mapping is still something I drag my feet on getting done. I hate this but love the math parts of design, which is the opposite of a lot of dev's around, I think. It really do be different strokes for different folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking