Adding a mouse script to someone else's game resizes the Images. Anyway around this?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Tried it with Amaranths, Jets, and Falceos mouse scripts and all have the same result. All of the images within the game get resized and are too big for the window. Has anyone run into this and know of any fixes. Thanks.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why are you adding a mouse script to someone else’s game?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
RPG Maker games are not moddable like how you would expect it would be as easy as "drop this and boom, it works" as many games out there.

Some of RPG Maker games code is custom made and that is just one of many reasons why it won't work. But as mlogan asked, why would you modify someone's game? And a bonus question, do you have permission to edit it in the first place?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And the other questions? Do you have the creator's permission to do this?

You can't get support here if what you're doing involves hacking someone else's game.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
And the other questions? Do you have the creator's permission to do this?

You can't get support here if what you're doing involves hacking someone else's game.
Hacking? What are you talking about?

I bought the game and was hoping for a way to use the mouse instead of keyboard. It is legally now my game. Why would I need the creators permission for anything that now belongs to me?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It is legally now my game.
In most cases, you don't. You bought the license to play the game, not owning the game. You could read that in most of the games' terms of service which you usually just click "I agree" and move on without reading it further. IDK if that game has terms of service and EULA. But many games have.

And modify someone's else game is considered hacking. Especially when the game is encrypted and somehow you break that encryption. By answering here means, we support how to hack someone's game which clearly, we don't.

Please contact the developer to add mouse support or you're on your own.
There are reasons why it must be the developer.
  1. They know inside out of the game better than you.
  2. They are the developer.
And as I said again, it's not just "drop some script and works" like when you mod many games out there. Do you at least read my point on this?

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like people above said, you require to ask the developer permission for this to be a clean hand. People here would to help you, but they do not want get sued for breeching a contract and go to the court. So just ask the dev lol, ok.

The developer grants you their right to play their game. They are not give up their ownership of the game itself.
Like for an example:
The landlord grants the right to stay in the property with the agreement that you are paying the rent. The landlord doesn't give up their ownership of property. That is why there is a damage deposit given the lordlord as an insurance to their property.

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'd recommend the OP to get a letter (or PDF) from the developer stating he's granting you permission to alter his game. This way both you and any scripter won't get in troubles.
Sadly, it's highly unlikely that's ever gonna happen for game developers pretty much need to protect their assets (games as a whole plus any specific contents like images or soundtracks). If he or she let you hack it just like that, the dev could also be sued by anybody that might have requested not to freely distribute some of its contents separately (for the dev only paid for the rights to use it in his or her very own project). And yeah, they might also send you some dreadful Cease and Desist letter or outright sue you... :s

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd just ask the developer if they would consider adding mouse support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:( ... sigh, having trouble knowing where to draw highlights. Novice pixel artist issues.
Hey there folks. I've got this game I've been working on story & design for over a few years. Trying out MZ to prototype it.
Another plugin complete and ready for Wednesday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John-Ramone