Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is this possible? PLugin or not. Say I have a weapon that does attack damage of Fire. I also want the skill "Ice" to do fire damage because the weapon has a fire elemental attribute as werid as it sounds.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On the skill's settings, in the top right where you specify damage properties, Element -> Normal Attack.

This means it will always do the same element as your normal weapon, so it might not be what you're asking for, but RPGMaker doesn't distinguish between a "default element" and a "special element" by itself. You might be able to make something like that work if you mess around with Yanfly's Element Core and some javascript in a lunatic mode for Skill Core (if (element == physical, I guess?) element = ice?)/

Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
On the skill's settings, in the top right where you specify damage properties, Element -> Normal Attack.

This means it will always do the same element as your normal weapon, so it might not be what you're asking for, but RPGMaker doesn't distinguish between a "default element" and a "special element" by itself. You might be able to make something like that work if you mess around with Yanfly's Element Core and some javascript in a lunatic mode for Skill Core (if (element == physical, I guess?) element = ice?)/
Do you think it'd be possible if I could use Yanfly's element core and write off something like this in each skill?
<Multiple Elements: Normal Attack>

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this possible? PLugin or not. Say I have a weapon that does attack damage of Fire. I also want the skill "Ice" to do fire damage because the weapon has a fire elemental attribute as werid as it sounds.
Just that particular 'ice' skill?

Or do you want all skills to change to fire element with that specific weapon?

Or do you want to have every weapon with an elemental attack to effect every skill?

Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just that particular 'ice' skill?

Or do you want all skills to change to fire element with that specific weapon?

Or do you want to have every weapon with an elemental attack to effect every skill?
The latter. I want to have every skill to do whatever element it has AND whatever element the weapon has.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The latter. I want to have every skill to do whatever element it has AND whatever element the weapon has.
Okay, here's one way that should do it:

First, use yanfly's auto passive states to add a hidden state for each weapon, which sets the type of element it should add to skills ( http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/17/yep-13-auto-passive-states/ )

Then, you'll use Yanfly's action sequences ( http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/11/yep-4-action-sequence-pack-1/ ) combined with the element core ( http://yanfly.moe/2016/06/10/yep-107-element-core-rpg-maker-mv/ )

In your <setup action> for each skill that should change elements, include a block that looks something like this:
Code:
if user.isStateAffected(waterweapon)

add element: water

else if user.isStateAffected(fireweapon)

add element: fire

else if user.isStateAffected(windweapon)

add element: wind

else if user.isStateAffected(waterweapon)

add element: water

else if user.isStateAffected(heartweapon)

add element: heart

end

It's ugly, but it should work.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Last week I was resting and working mainly on the game!
The current progress of the character.
OxWQ7zO.gif

Pre-programmed character :
-Cleaning
-Magic Book(include blood mode)
-Kettle pot stirring
-Other specimens(flower/bug...etc)
I found a huge spider in my house but it has disappeared and now I'm living in fear and paranoia
It's funny, the only reason I haven't actually released a prototype or demo is not that I don't have one. Hahahahahaha I do, I've had a prototype for months. I'm really just concerned with someone taking it, and putting it up on Steam or something first, then saying it's theirs. I should probably look into setting all that up or something... Then again, I have no ETA on the full game so not sure it's worth it yet.
Pixel Grass Sprites, Questing & Fast Traveling w/ Items, Sci-fi & Distorted Music | RPG Maker News #35

Is it me or while modifying RTP style SV Actor sets to make them taller, the idle animation is the hardest to get right? I think it's because that's the one that you see most so seeing pixels that look wrong make you constantly seek to correct that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slaika