Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those are not A2 tiles and cannot be used in the A2 slot. They need to go on one of the B-E tile sheets, which should all be 768x768 pixels.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Shaz is right, none of these should go on the A2 sheet. Most work best on one of the B sheets, but some of those would work better in the A5 sheet. You'll need to cut and paste them into the place where they work the best. In general tiles that have no transparency and should be walked on should be A tiles, the ones with transparency or need to go over characters should be B tiles. But since you're using MV it'll need some extra work. Last I checked Celianna's tiles are all 32x32, and since MV's are 48x48 if you want things to line up properly you'll also need to enlarge them to be the right size.

Jacklyisanoob

Noobing Around Constantly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Shaz is right, none of these should go on the A2 sheet. Most work best on one of the B sheets, but some of those would work better in the A5 sheet. You'll need to cut and paste them into the place where they work the best. In general tiles that have no transparency and should be walked on should be A tiles, the ones with transparency or need to go over characters should be B tiles. But since you're using MV it'll need some extra work. Last I checked Celianna's tiles are all 32x32, and since MV's are 48x48 if you want things to line up properly you'll also need to enlarge them to be the right size.
these are her mv tiles

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Didn't even realise that! OP you should provide a link to the place where you downloaded the tiles. That would have made it clear whether they were for Ace or MV, and would also let us see her instructions on how to use them, in case you misunderstood (which you have).

Jacklyisanoob

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Didn't even realise that! OP you should provide a link to the place where you downloaded the tiles. That would have made it clear whether they were for Ace or MV, and would also let us see her instructions on how to use them, in case you misunderstood (which you have).
These are my resources meant for RPG Maker MV, either in parallax form or tileset. Read below for the terms.

Terms of usage:
Can be used in any game engine, but it’s formatted to fit with MV. Can not be redistributed or sold as-is. Can be edited however you want. Edits cannot be redistributed. Only for non-commercial usage. For commercial usage, you will have to buy a commercial license (coming soon).

Credit:
Credit under the name Celianna.

How to use:
Right-click and save the image to your computer. Use in an image editing software such as Photoshop or GIMP to add the tiles to an existing tileset of yours.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, I totally forgot about those! I'm getting a lot of things slightly wrong due to poor memory today. Okay, forget what I said about the resize, the rest should still be valid though.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're really better off giving us a link to the page where you got them, so we can SEE where on Cel's site these are, and anything else she says. You've copied what you think is important, but still missed the information we needed to see, which would have been obvious to us if you'd just given the link.

It also would have saved you having to scribble out the tiles (which you didn't do all of, so you are sharing some of Cel's tiles against her terms).

Jacklyisanoob

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're really better off giving us a link to the page where you got them, so we can SEE where on Cel's site these are, and anything else she says. You've copied what you think is important, but still missed the information we needed to see, which would have been obvious to us if you'd just given the link.

It also would have saved you having to scribble out the tiles (which you didn't do all of, so you are sharing some of Cel's tiles against her terms).

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
those sets contain a mixture of different tiles, and I assume quite a numer of them are incomplete tilesheets or single tiles - which is a big no-go for MV.

so basically you'll need to "frankentile" them into usable sheets, and that will require some background knowledge. So let's start.

There are six different tilesheet formats in use by the engine. One format each for the slots A1 to A5 and the sixth format for the slots B to E.
But the format is not only the different sizes, but also the positioning of the different tiles. For example the A4 sheet consists of alternating rows of ceiling tiles (96x144 pixel each) and wall tiles (96x96 pixel each).
You should really check the help file asset descriptions to see what the differet tiles look like,because you'll need to be able to identify which tile is what kind of tile in Celiannas pictures.

The next step would be to export and copy one of the existing tilesheets, and then use gimp or photoshop or whatever to replace one of its tiles that you don't want with the same type of tile from other sources.
You CANNOT expand the tilesheet, it's size is fixed. you can only mix-and-match until you have a combination you like for a map (and might need to do other combinations for other maps)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made the parts to simplify my actions.
"Humble Bundle Sound Designer Bundle" just noticed this with a day left. Useful for those of you who want to mix your own music. :LZSwink:
Lots of artists very active right now :)
I'll try all of my gestures.

This Is Vasily. I like him very much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaeljordig