Synchromystic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have the bonus content from RPG MAKER TRINITY and I'm wanting to add some of it's generator parts to the generator in MZ, the only piece that I can't seem to figure out or find enough information on is trying to add the graphics for the underlying face shapes (the "FG_Face_" files).

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 4.21.47 PM.png
I renamed and added the Trinity files to the Face folder for the female, for example, putting them in sequential order after the 7 face images that are already in there, but they don't show in the generator. I'm aware that with all other parts, you have to add the each part to ALL of the corresponding folders before they will show up at all, but with this particular piece there don't seem to be any other folders (because it has nothing to do with the walking or battler sprites). Am I doing something wrong, or is this not possible with the default generator?

Synchromystic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Forgot about the part in the Variation folder, after adding that the face sets show up but they look REALLY messed up. Other parts such as glasses don't seem to be layering correctly and the size is a bit off... Is there a way to fix this? It would be weird to offer them with MZ if they can't be used with it... I actually own a copy of MV but I can't use them with that either because I can't find the generator folder for it -- I've looked at every thread I could find on the subject, and mine doesn't exist in any location mentioned (I'm on Mac, btw).

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 4.54.06 PM.png

Last edited:

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The Trinity DLC is based on MV graphics.

For The most part, you can't use MZ face parts on MV faces, nor MV parts on MZ faces unless you adjust position(MZ has position controls), and even then the sizing and angles don't really match.
Overall face size and angle are different.
Benefit to using MV generator: most DLC available is fit for MV.
Benefit for using MZ generator: parts position adjustment, more color options. To use MV parts in MZ properly, must replace body style before using(MV, Beastman, MZ)-- they share the same file name, so you should keep backups handy.

If you purchased rpg maker via STEAM, the generator is in the steam>common>rpg maker folder.

Hope this helps!

Synchromystic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
After a LOT of back-and-forth messages here, I finally found the Generator folder -- for some reason it was impossible to get there using a directory address, instead I had to peer inside the contents of the app itself... And even then I had an embarrassing issue that made me continue to overlook it for a while: I tend to keep my Finder windows set to icon view, and for some reason on VERY rare occasions an icon will be miles away from the others so that I have to scroll through empty space for a while to find it sitting all by itself at the bottom; Most anyone would see just a bit of black space and naturally assume that there's nothing else down there, but for some reason I had to switch back to List view and suddenly it was right there in front of me, and I wanted to kick myself, lol.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiromori