Adding bonus damage to an attack if the target is poisoned.

PixelBoy360

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
So basically I want a skill to do 10% more damage if the enemy it's attacking is poisoned.
None of the formulas do anything and I'm not sure if this is due to a plugin inhibiting it or my own negligence in finding the problem?

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's Damage Core can probably do something like this. You'll need a note tag with some JavaScript that checks whether the target has the Poison state and then multiply the damage by 1.10 or something similar to this. Someone here more familiar with the plugin can probably give you the exact code.

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Use a formula like this:

if (b.isStateAffected(n)) { damage formula 1 } else { damage formula 2 }

You can also use the form:

b.isStateAffected(n) ? damage formula 1 : damage formula 2

Replace n with the State ID of Poison. Replace damage formula 1 and damage formula 2 with the damage formulas you want to use if the target is poisoned, and is not poisoned, respectively. For example:

if (b.isStateAffected(28)) { a.mat * 4.4 - b.mdf * 2.2 } else { a.mat * 4 - b.mdf * 2 }

or

b.isStateAffected(28) ? a.mat * 4.4 - b.mdf * 2.2 : a.mat * 4 - b.mdf * 2

Last edited:

PixelBoy360

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes! This worked perfectly, not sure why it wasn't working before but I'm glad it's working now. Thanks! :MV1:

DeveloDude

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I want to make smth like that I'll just add Option to Skill (Change Def\MDef to *n* point) or (add Weakness to phys.\mag. atk)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The Hallowoods Forest is where the strangest things happen, especially during Halloween. And yet...
So the four of my friends are singing a song and I'm like... ohoho I don't know this song. Better act like I do!
A boss that spams confuse, blind, silence, oil and slow on all party members? Good idea FF12 *headdesk*
The script passed 200 pages and not even half of it is done! Super excited to write more!
Plague Inc. has released some virus in China. Judging by game experience we should go to Greenland. (And then Greenland shall somehow be infected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsideswiped