Adding Common Event to Party Command Menu

5crem

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey hows it going,

I would like to add another command to the Party command menu (the one featuring 'Fight' 'Escape' and 'Formation').
I Need to add a shortcut to a specific common Event right there.
(My game Features a Monster catching mechanic, and the common Event processes the catching).

So to make it more clear: the battle starts

Menu Pops up:

Fight
Catch (this would start Common Event X )
Formation
Escape

It does not sound too hard to me but I'm just starting to learn JS so I'm stuck... :stare:

Thanks!

(Hope this is posted in the Right Forum)

thebootknifer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure adding a command to launch a common event can be added without plugins.

Check HIMEWORKS plugins + a Yanfly plugin.
You might be able to create a skill that executes common event X, possibly using a Yanfly Plugin.
Using himeworks plugins, you should be able to add that skill right to the battle menu list.

It's probably not your ideal solution, but this is all I can think of as a quick dirty fix until someone more insightful chimes in.

Sorry I'm not more helpful in fetching the actual plugins.

5crem

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the reply! For a quick fix that would be fine, but the Problem with that is that Players would be able to select other skills in the same turn (through the other actors). There has to be a way to Access the Party Command Menu in JS? I was Looking through all Plugins I could find but they all only add Options to the battle menu for each Actor, None for the whole Party...
Its just so frustrating cuz it seems so easy in Concept

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In other news, my new computer is now ordered, and I'll have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week! CAN'T WAIT!!!
I've said my cat's names in such a baby-talk manner over the years, Biggs is now Biggoro, Bella is now Bellllyyaah, and somehow.....somehow Tessa is Sessashan
Did a massive ****up in my code that would have caused the game to crash on most computers and almost released an update without noticing it.
I keep thinking today is Thursday.
And I look forward to the next preview thread coming this afternoon.
And then I realise it's not Thursday at all.
And then I get sad :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr