Adding elements to Attack

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Zsloth24, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Zsloth24

Zsloth24 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So currently I have a piece of armor known as a Gambit. there are certain kinds of Gambits that are suppose to increase the amount of elemental damage, example: essence of light is suppose to add and/or increase your Light element damage by a certain amount.

the issue is setting it up, I have switched the attack to a normal damage element as well as none. I assumed that it should then read the equipment (the gambits) to see the attack element. it came to no avail. the gambits are just suppose to add and increase the element it corresponds to.

these gambits (pieces of armor) are suppose to add and or increase an elemental rate and damage. yet whatever I try it doesn't seem to work.

currently I am using yanfly's plugins. I assumed element core would play a vital role in this but I'm not sure.

if anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated!

2. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Skills with element set to Normal Attack will check the user's Attack Element traits to determine which element they use. If the user has no Attack Element traits, it will default to element #1 (check the Types tab in the database), otherwise it'll pick the Attack Element to which the target is most vulnerable. By default a skill can only have one element.

There is no way by default to "amplify" damage of a particular element, but you could have a trait with e.g. "Parameter Attack * 120%" (i.e. +20% ATK).

With Yanfly's Element Core plugin, you have notetags that let you amplify formula results for particular elements. (Also, if needed, it lets you assign multiple elements per skill.) It sounds like that should be sufficient for your purposes? Just give the "gambit" equipment the appropriate Attack Element trait and put an <Element Amplify x: +y%> tag in its notebox (replace the x and y with appropriate values, of course). :)

If you're still having trouble, it may help if you could explain what you've tried~

3. Zsloth24

Zsloth24 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'll try that out. I'm going to work on it soon, thank you for replying. I'll let you know what the results are. I'll also put up some pictures to assist the description. :)

4. Zsloth24

Zsloth24 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It worked! turns out I was adding too many things at a time, must of confused the program. I was doing things such as a piece of armor adding a passive state and then that state was adding the element.
    You were right, just adding the armor and marking it an attack element, leaving the regular skills as physical worked. and the I tested the armors with the amplify note tag and it works beautifully. no characters have options as to how they can tackle obstacles. it even cured another problem simultaneously of armored enemies!
    before in the game, enemies that were armored in their traits have a sp=param that puts physical damage at 66%, so regular damage will be a 1/3. so I made equipment that adds a passive state that replaces your regular attack with a different attack. the formula is changed so your attack does regular damage.
    but with this...lets call it new found power...that skill is gone and enemies with armor are now weak to the element pierce. it'll be at 200% (since 100% does regular damage, so basically what they've been doing without piercing weapons, 200% doubles but with the physical damage 66%, it'll do supposed regular damage.
    again thank you for all your help. this has been driving me wild.

5. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You're welcome, happy RPG Making! :kaojoy: