Status
Not open for further replies.

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I have some graphic sets I want to test on IG Maker, but when I split the image I cannot make it come out even. Is there any solution to this problem, or do I need to discard the prefigured graphic sets?

See image below.

graphicset.jpg

Kain Vinosec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Moved this post and your other one to the regular IGM forum because these aren't tutorials.

Check the dimensions of the image you are trying to import. Both length and width should be a multiple of 8 for the best results (this can be any combination like 8x16, or 64x32, etc.). After that, it's just a matter of making sure that the tiles on your image fall properly between the lines when split up in IGM.

Hope that helps!

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
If I have images whose dimensions are not divisible by 8, what can I do? Must I discard them? Can I resize them?

Also, what difference does splitting make if the size of the tile is determined by the "Basic Tile Size" under the sub-tab "Per Plug-in Settings"? There's probably an obvious answer to this question, but I'm still a newb at this point.

Kain Vinosec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Basic Tile Size resizes how large tiles are for canvases. It's one of the few things splitting doesn't actually cover, but all of the basic tile sizes are multiples of 8x8 so you still need to make sure that your image's dimensions are divisible by 8.

For images not divisible by 8 try resizing them or more specifically try cutting off the excess that might be making your image not work. If you want to send me one of the images you're using I can give you a better idea of what you need to do to make it work.

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well, it's not really an image I can use anyway because it's copyright-protected. I just wanted to use it as placeholder graphics, so it should not be a problem. Nevertheless, if you'd like to try your hand at it, I attached an example graphics file below.

I understand why we need Basic Tile Size but still don't understand why we need Splitting. What exactly does splitting do if Basic Tile Size determines the size of the tiles on the canvas? I'm missing something very obvious here.

celiannafarmnaturenatur.png

Kain Vinosec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The answer to this one could be because it is a "Parallax Tileset". I don't really know what that means, but it definitely won't work in IGM without moving things around on it or something.

To answer your question, splitting is for using graphics as animations or for items or things like that. When you are setting up animations you set up individual frames which are defined by how you've split your image up. Splitting doesn't really affect tilesets for canvases though.

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ah, thank you. That makes perfect sense.

Note to moderator: This thread can be closed. Issue resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

…I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd
Zombie status is now complete. I didn't have to do much in the way of changing how healing is applied to undead targets, was just a simple 3 line code. I thought I had to overhaul Game_Action lol. Everything else was doable by events. So.. Zombie: You turn undead. Your element changes to darkness. You're weak to light, you're strong to physical attacks and healing hurts you and revival items will kill you.
My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cythulhu