Halfmoon Media

Illustrator, Eventer, Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What I'm trying to do: Add "Sound Test" or "Picture Gallery" to title screen upon game completion (I am using a switch for this right now)

Problem: Game adds options without regardless of switch state

Scene_Title:

def create_command_window    @command_window = Window_TitleCommand.new

@command_window.set_handler:)new_game, method:)command_new_game))

@command_window.set_handler:)continue, method:)command_continue))

@command_window.set_handler:)options, method:)command_options))

if $game_switches[31]

@command_window.set_handler:)sound_test, method:)command_sound_test))

@command_window.set_handler:)picture_gallery, method:)command_picture_gallery))

end

@command_window.set_handler:)shutdown, method:)command_shutdown))

end

I want to learn HOW to do this, but I can reverse engineer the solution if someone just wants to post the method instead of teaching me.

Also, if switches aren't the way to go, then what is? I've noticed that it's hard to set switches from the title screen...

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Game switches being turned on or off are saved within the save file. When you're on the title screen, there isn't a save file that's being read in. I'd suggest looking at one of the New Game+ scripts out there and see how they do it. The only methods I can think of doing it are all sloppy so I won't post my ideas =P

edit: after a bit more thought.. you could write to the game.ini file when a game reaches the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Halfmoon Media

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Write to the game.ini file? I havn't heard of that...

Also, I don't necessarily mind sloppy methods, if they work. Sure the cleaner the better, but if it works and there's no other way, then it works.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Learning Ruby and RGSSx. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Halfmoon Media

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry about that, thank you!  Wasn't 100% on where it should go.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi everyone! I've relased a demo about my new game in "Games in Development". Someone interested? :3
Going live at 2pm EST
Today is the day! I will be productive in game dev work! I will - *gets distracted by cat playing with her toy mouse* Awww <3
Whelp. I tried to be productive.
Decided to work on Fandom Scouts today. I've decided that instead of using the generic "scrolling text" event that MV has (I'm using MV for FS, not MZ) I'll use the movie option. I'm still trying to find a way to get Premiere Pro to output the compatible format though. If anyone can give me some help, it would be greatly appreciated!
Barthdry wrote on tln143's profile.
Hello tln143 Welcome to the RPG Maker Forum. We wish you enjoy and make good rpg games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Munchacha