PsychoJack

Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a tile set for an appetizer for Atom. I made six versions, fit them all in a 96x144 grid, increase the Outside_A2.png
file by 144 height and place the tile set to the bottom-left corner. yet when I went to the tile sets in the database and choose the png for the A2(Ground) section, It doesn't show up, even when I made a new tile set.

Is it because the image have to match to replace size of the tile sets, because I don't want to replace the original sets, or is there something else I can do.

This is the tile set btw.
TilesetHokkairu2.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are six different tilesheet formats, and each format can ONLY fit into the slot it was formatted for - A1 to A5, and the sixth format for B-E slots.

The format is not only the size of the tilesheet, but also which tiles are placed into which position - there are different autotiles going from 96x96 pixels up to 288x144 pixel (for a 3-frame animated autotile).

Additionally, what you linked above is probably not a correctly formatted autotile because an autotile is more than just a set of 96x144 pixels - it is a combination of four by six quartertiles of 24x24 pixel each, and you need to know how the engine creates the 48x48 grid from those quartertiles to be able to make a correct autotile.
I suggest you search the official blog for a tutorial named "anatomy of an autotile" to learn how to construct a correct autotile.

EDIT:
And before I forget: MV can only use full tilesheets. If you don't have enough tiles to fill the sheet, then fill the rest with transparent pixels but never use a tilesheet smaller than the norm. It will not work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

// Looks at Elfkisser, realizes he'd have to either install Windows 10 or compile it for Linux
// Didn't install Elfkisser.
Too much effort for a curiosity. :popcorn:
I was just high-fiving myself for all I've learnt in the engine, and how far I've come, only to forget to remove the Immortal state from a semi-scripted battle. Now the enemy never dies and I feel so smart >.>
Playtest your stuff. Always playtest.
just spent FOREVER troubleshooting an issue with my keyboard... turns out the cord was just loose OTL
I count on someone one time, I let them promise something to me, and one week later it's complete silence as I'm completely let down. I hate everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gremter