RMMV Adding Turns Yanfly States/Buffs With Formula?

Bagy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like my skill to do the equivalent of:

<State MyState Turns: +x>

where x = a.mat * 4 - b.mdf + b.luk

I'm simply confused about the exact syntax after reading about all the different note tags 100 times.

Do I want to use <Custom State name Turn> or <Custom Apply Effect>?

I have seen a few different methods of referencing the caster and target in various Tips & Tricks examples. Which ones do I need in this case?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

Bagy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Solved it. Turns out the reason none of my previous attempts were working was down to a missing "s" typo in the documentation, as mentioned in this thread.

In case anyone else is looking to do this, the solution for the example in the OP was just:

<Custom State MyState Turns> turn += a.mat * 4 - b.mdf + b.luk; </Custom State MyState Turns>

If you paste that in your skill notetag, it will add turns to the state based on the results in the formula.

Again, be careful when copying from Yanfly's documentation here, as it incorrectly states <Custom State X Turn> with a singular "turn". You need to use plural <Custom State X Turns> or it won't work.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tiamat-86 wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
"you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol
WE ARE THE BORG. YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS WILL BE ADDED TO OUR OWN. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
D2R save files are so broken. how was the beta test better then the full release. blizzard's last hope crashed and burned.
they're getting no more chances from me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keda27