Adding Variables to Gain States or Skills...

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by zerobeat032, Dec 1, 2015.

1. zerobeat032

zerobeat032 Rare Spawn Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm having an issue... I figured out how to do the following... 

Add variables as a common event to a skill. Thus as the variable grew, new skills could be learned and after battle forgotten. This works fine if only ONE actor is ever going to be that class or one at a time I think. I've run into a problem though as I want each character to be able to change classes. I'm not sure how or if I can even set up something like that.

Basically my fighter class has a Combo variable, attacks either add or subtract from the variable. But it get's really fuzzy if more than one character is that class. Same with my idea for spells, in which after a certain amount of casts of the same element, they'd go into a state dedicated to said element. Again, not sure how I would make it so this works on different actors as opposed to one.

Is the any solution to this? I feel it's either a really easy one I missed, or it doesn't exist lol. Thanks anyone that can help.

EDIT: Would Yanfly's Passive states be able to do this... for the states end of this?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
  2. Hello World

Hello World Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm not really sure what do you mean.
    But yeah, you can make a skill that will grow by using common events.
    So when you do a skill, it will call a common event that gives new skill to the character. And after the skill have been use, it will call another common event that will remove that skill.
    You can change the character class also. At the event commands>Actor section (no.1)>Change Class...
    But if you are making so many characters, it will be confusing, but that's the only way. Except is there is the plugin for that, but I haven't seen one.

And about Yanfly's Passive States, I'm not sure, I think you should try it first...

3. Dalamar

Dalamar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You would need to make duplicate skills for each actor that can potentially change to this class, each duplicate calling its own common event.

4. zerobeat032

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well there's only 5 actual party members but different classes @ Yukki. Half of that is now solved due to Yanfly's Class Core. 

As for my variable issue, @ Dalamar, that sounds like it should fix everything. So, I'm assuming, one skill per 5 actors... each with a common event? I'm pretty sure that sounds like what I would need to do. Gonna test that out once I've got a moment. Thanks everyone! I was afraid I wouldn't get an answer lol.

5. zerobeat032

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok, I finally sorted things out and this appears to work. I think I can figure out about resetting after battle (for some reason, some events don't go back to zero after battle, leaving skills they shouldn't know, known lol.) Again tho, I think I got it from here! Thanks everyone.