jcattias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

So I was adding Visustella plugins one by one, as I seem fit, and after adding 7 or 8 I added the Bright Effects with it's respective Pixi Filters Plugin. After doing this I proceeded to test the game and everything seemed to work correctly. I then added the <Godray> note tag to a map to try it out and when I tried launch the game it would not launch. I turned off the Bright Effects and the Pixi Filters plugins and it still would not launch. I proceeded to turn off plugins one by one and the only way the game will launch is with every single plugin is turned off, even the Tier 0 Core Engine alone won't allow it to launch. All the plugins are up to date and I even checked if there was an update to the RMMZ core script, but that was up to date as well. All the other plugins that DID work before (I tested each one as I added them) won't work now on any project, even on a new blank one. Im using a Mac running Monterey. Any one has any idea what could be the issue?

Thanks

Last edited:

Animebryan

And like a Phoenix, I raise from my ashes!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are the Visustella plugins in their proper order? You should post a screenshot of your plugin list.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!

Open the game again with all plugins set to ON.
As soon as your game launches, press F12. It will open a browser. Go to the CONSOLE tab and show a screenshot for us to see if there is anything wrong.

jcattias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Animebryan @Eliaquim Thanks for putting in a reply, I believe they are in the correct order, here are screenshots sorry for not posting them on the original post:

As I mentioned before I was adding Visustella plugins in order started with the Core Engine and got up to the Tier 2 ATB Battle System without any issues. Then added the Bright Effects and the Pixi Filters and tested it and it worked fine, game and plugin. I then tried adding Godrays to a map and the game then did not launch any more and after this the only way I can get the game to launch is if I turn off every single Visustella plugin, if I leave any Visustella plugin on it won't launch. If I leave the other plugins that are not Visustella on it will launch. I tested the game after adding each plugin and it all worked fine until that moment. Now, no Visustella plugin will work for me on ANY of my RMMZ projects.

I tried to upload a screenshot of F12, not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I'm unable to do it with the plugins on since it won't launch, and I tried doing it with the plugins off and all that happens when I press F12 is that the game exists and no browser comes up.

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 10.09.09 AM.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it all worked fine until that moment. Now, no Visustella plugin will work for me on ANY of my RMMZ projects.
that points to the option that the error has absolutely nothing to do with what you have done at that time. Instead something happened that either you don't remember or that was done without you in the background.

For example one of your protection programs was updated and now considers a command sequence used in all those plugins to be infected or something like that.

jcattias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, so if I deploy the game everything seems to work fine, even the plugins, but the play test won't launch unless all the Visustella plugins are off.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you give both the folderpath to the project and the folderpath to the deployed version?
the full folderpath beginning with the drive letter, not the windows-shortcut "This PC".

There are a few things that could be caused by mistakes in those foldernames

jcattias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Andar thanks for taking some time to reply, I'm on a Mac running Monterey. I downloaded RMMZ on Steam and I have never moved anything from the original path. Do you think this could still be the issue?

GodCiunas

The Idea Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I had a similar issue awhile back and found that my core plugin for visual Stella was outdated and it caused the game to not load. Be sure to check there itch.io page for plugin updates and make sure you have the latest versions. It is possible a newer visu plugin is incompatible with an outdated version. Also have you tried turning all other plugins off besides the visual Stella plugins? And then trying to playtest? It could also be the code from a different plugin interfering with the Visual Stella plugins. I would test this. If it does turn out to be the visual Stella you can trouble shot by turning them on and playtesting until you see where it fails that will at least he'll narrow which plugin may be interefering. And then you can contact the appropriate plugin dev and ask for advice on how to fix.

jcattias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the idea @GodCiunas but I checked and all plugins are up to date, I have tried with only the Core engine on and the test won't launch not even in a new bank project with only the core engine plugin added

GodCiunas

The Idea Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the idea @GodCiunas but I checked and all plugins are up to date, I have tried with only the Core engine on and the test won't launch not even in a new bank project with only the core engine plugin added
Have you tried deleting the original core plugin js file and downloading and adding a fresh one. This would include deleting it from the plugin list in rpg maker as well and adding it again to make sure the filepath is accurate as well. It is possible the plugin file itself may be corrupted. I use alot of visual Stella plugins I could understand it not working in a old game file, but in a new one there should be nothing to interfere with the plugin. If this doesn't work perhaps it could be other software blocking, my advice would be to contact the visual Stella support and see what insight they could offer.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you think this could still be the issue?
yes and no
theoretically several of the options I wanted to check could happen on MacOS as well as on Windows, but due to the different way that the MacOS handles several things I can't check them by filepath there.

1) several things can go wrong if you made the mistake of deploying into your project directory, basically mixin deployed and non-deployed files. So make sure that hasn't happened and the path are different.

2) your game is a HTML5-based game running in a browser, and browsers have problems if the filepath breaks the networking rules. That basically means that no spaces are allowed, and a number of other special symbols also make problems.
However due to overrides they can function under specific conditions and then suddenly make problems. And especially if your path to the project contains one of the illegal characters but the path to the deployed version is clean, then that would explain the problems.

3) there is also a problem with cloudsync'ed folders and Microsoft has the tendency to make your data cloudsync'ed without explaining it - but Microsofts OneDrive would be visible in the filepath.
MacOS works differently, and both Apples iCloud and the time machine backup are of a higher quality so I don't believe that is an issue here.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Game Making Every Day #20:kaohi:

ScreenShot_8_14_2022_11_55_51.png
FINALLY added the comic bubble to the Title Screen...
I know I'll put one of my game's sprites here to give the illusion that I am a productive member of game society.
handelspriteanim.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gaggo