Adding windows in monogatari

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by animeteal6924, Jul 27, 2014.

1. animeteal6924

animeteal6924 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Hello,

I have been having a hard time searching for the answer to the topic queston, searching multiple websites and what not has been quite the struggle. My question is how exactly would I be able to integrate Mog's Monogatari script:

http://www.atelier-rgss.com/RGSS/Menu/ACE_Menu15.html

and this script by Grimoire Castle's Go Go Totori alchemy script by Kread-EX:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52061415/Scripts/Alchemic_Synthesis_v2.rb

I really want to know how I would be able to integrate this script because I want my game to have an alchemy system that provides what the atelier series brings; i'm a fan of the series too. But also if you can explain to me how I would be able to add other windows if I need to do so,so that way I can learn how to do it.

-I apologize if there are any errors in posting this, it is my first post, and thank you to all that provide me with their help

2. TheGreenHorse

TheGreenHorse Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is not a script, it's a BASE. You can't use it alone at ALL. If you want to use that script, learn how to script, it's a BASE CLASS i.e through which making your own window classes becomes easier.

If you just want to integrate that command to open up in that menu, then it's something else. 

EDIT: You need traits namer to use that script, on the same site.

I just made some code to help you through adding a command to your menu to open the alchemy system:

class Scene_Menu def create_command_window @command_window = Window_MenuCommand.new @command_window.set_handler:)item, method:)command_item)) @command_window.set_handler:)skill, method:)command_personal)) @command_window.set_handler:)equip, method:)command_personal)) @command_window.set_handler:)status, method:)command_personal)) @command_window.set_handler:)formation, method:)command_formation)) @command_window.set_handler:)save, method:)command_save)) @command_window.set_handler:)game_end, method:)command_game_end)) @command_window.set_handler:)cancel, method:)return_scene)) @command_window.set_handler:)synthesia, method:)synthesis)) end def synthesis SceneManager.call(Scene_Alchemy) end endclass Window_MenuCommand def add_main_commands add_command(Vocab::item, :item, main_commands_enabled) add_command(Vocab::skill, :skill, main_commands_enabled) add_command(Vocab::equip, :equip, main_commands_enabled) add_command(Vocab::status, :status, main_commands_enabled) add_command("Tortori!", :synthesis) #Replace tortori with whatever you want. endendHope it helps, i always want to :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
  3. animeteal6924

First Language:
    english
    Thank you so much for replying and helping me, and I apologize for not knowing but do I take the modified section above and add it into monogatari or do I put it into the alchemy script?

-I already have the traits namer!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    TheGreenHorse likes this.
  4. TheGreenHorse

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can put it anywhere. This does not work with the monogatari script, it's the normal menu scene. 

Thanks for coming back to me though!

EDIT: Anywhere means at the end of all the scripts. Oops, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    animeteal6924 likes this.
  5. animeteal6924

First Language:
    english
    So would that mean I would have to choose the synthesis over the monogatari? But I don't complete understand, because you can get add ons to the monogatari, so wouldn't it be possible to add it into monogatari?

6. TheGreenHorse

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't actually know a lot about monogatari, so I'll download it tomorrow because it is night here. Till then, hope you can get someone's help.

Thanks!

7. animeteal6924

First Language:
    english
    Okay, in the mean time I'll see if i can play around with things (Without screwing myself over, hopefully) and see if I can find an answer to this problem.

8. TheGreenHorse

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I guess the site had slightly wrong information about monogotari. It is a script indeed.

I tried it out. It won't take long for me to figure out the solution!

9. animeteal6924

First Language:
    english
    So I took a long,almost an hour, at the script from top to bottom and I feel as of one can add a main command window. But I don't know what places to edit,without it giving me an error. I hope you were able to find something at least.