Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Additional Animations

by Jet

Introduction

This script is sort of one you wouldn't think would be very useful until after you've used it. This will allow you to specify a pre-animation for skills and items. This means the pre-animation will play on the user, then they will execute the skill/item with it's regular animation.

Also gives the ability to play an animation on a battler when a state is inflicted on them.

Features

- An additional animation for skills/items

- State inflicted animation

- That's basically it.

- And more...

Screenshots

As pictured with my Battle PopUps and JVBS script:

Script

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=7cPN1XRH

Credit

Jet

Note

I have a license, it's in my signature.

You can other JVBS scripts by searching for the JVBS tag in posts. All JVBS scripts are compatible.

Last edited by a moderator:

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very cool idea. I personally used this to separate different elements of attacks.

For example, every fire attack first shows the actor throwing a fireball up into the air. Then, the different fire attacks' animations show the animations coming from above the screen, as if the fire was falling down onto the monster. I dont know how other people would want to use this, but I thought it was pretty cool.

(and yes, I have already played around with the script that much, lol. I dont like stating my opinion on a script until I know exactly how it works.)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?
I've been having a rough couple of months and as such let down some friends of mine in the RPG Maker community. I still need time to get back to my normal self, but it's nice to be back, to read articles, and to design again (albeit at a slow pace). Hope to give updates on Kid Crescent soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jitomaynez