Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
MZ already has a plug-in that allows you to put in voices when the characters attack or get hurt. But it's missing some features. I'd like to play a random voice clip when the battle starts, from one of the party members. Or if a party member (A) is revived or healed by another member, A will say something. Or if you take too much damage, a different voice will play instead of the usual. I recall having used a script like this in Ace, and it was better and more detailed than the one that came with MZ.

Can anyone modify the current plug-in a bit so it's more customizable or maybe you feel like creating a new one? =w=

Riku_Masamune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah... wish it was more random like that. Reminds me of a Tales game. Which I totally want a plugin for that kind of battle system where you control one, and the AI do their own things, instead of just attack only or one spell only.

But as far as I know, a new plugin like that would have to be made where you set up a common event to variables and if the variable RNG rolls on x play x voice.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
AI do their own things? Tales are not turn-based, though. That's not what I'm referring to.

The current one does let you play random voices, although, for some reason I feel that it seems to be playing the same voice again many times...

There's also another issue: the old one on Ace would play the voice first, then play the attack after. The current one either plays both at the same time, or the delay time is too short and what ends up happening is the battle voices are cut-off or overwhelmed by the sound of the animation and you can't hear anything. I hope someone has an idea on how to fix this. Play the voices first, then let the action happen after.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm moving on from RMXP finally. I've been stuck in a difficult decision between XP and MZ, and I've given up and moved on to MZ. Overall I'm really liking it, I wish tilesets were easier to setup like XP, but it's actually not that bad!
Have you ever gone full 'Ship of Theseus' while frankenspriting? Because I just did.
I saw my new eye doctor today, he reminds me of Satoru Iwata for some reason
I've been using a modified version of a script called Multiple Messages. It makes my text boxes look like a Mario & Luigi game! There is something about it that bothers me a little bit, but I shouldn't worry about that now.

Side note, Mist's walking animation is almost perfectly in sync with Loose Yourself by Eminem.
Starting work on some stuff for the community. Hopefully it will be fun, and useful to somebody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nick7626