[ADDON] AP - Ability Distribution

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Alistair, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Alistair

Alistair Treasure Hunter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Knightmare

Hi! Sorry for the super late reply!

I feel kind of stupid because I cannot seem to reproduce your error. I have 4 actors with the same class and one piece of equipment in the shop that requires the wearer to have at least 1 point in "Heavy Armor".
    I have one actor with 0 points, one with 1, one with 2 and one with 3. It displays as "Can equip" for those with more than 0 points and "Can't equip" for the actor with 0 points.
    So I can't reproduce the error. It's weird.

1.PNG

Aldo has 1 point in Heavy Armor, Dummy1 has 2, Dummy2 has 3 and Cursor has 0.

To be honest, I don't know how I can help you :frown:. I feel like I'm still not able to grasp the core issue you have even after your elaboration. Sorry!

Concerning the code you're looking for: Since there are no real equip requirements by default (except the Weapon type) you can't really tell the game that a piece of equipment is usable if the actor has a high enough Heavy Armor ability unless you fiddle with the default scripts (very tedious since you'd need to define which piece of equipment corresponds to which ability + fiddling with the default scripts is rarely a good idea).

@forteller
    I'll see if I can do anything here but I usually do not provide support for plugins that I do not use because I would have to first see how the plugin works and operates and that can be a very tedious task.

Knightmare likes this.
  2. Knightmare

Knightmare Knight of the Night Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Strange! The only thing I can think is maybe the plugin order, although I'm positive I already did that but I'll try it again. I might start messing with it some more on another clean project. I know my explanation was a little dirty so I apologize for not being completely clear. I'll play with it some more and if I can't get it to work right I'll just change the game a little. I do appreciate you giving it a go and helping. Maybe you think you didn't do anything but you've helped more than enough. I appreciate the info on the code as well. Thank you Alistair.

Alistair likes this.
  3. Nantas

Nantas - Game developer - Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey @Alistair , I have to say that I am using your plugin in my project, and that I am really very happy of what you have done with this plugin. It grants me wonderful aspects to developp in my game !

So thank you very much for it !

Alistair likes this.
  4. Alistair

Alistair Treasure Hunter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Happy to hear that! :)