Not open for further replies.

codyto1999

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! I am very new to RPG Maker. Trying to figure out how I adjust the character image size in my event.

1635374295228.png
1635374315551.png

Thank you!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That spritesheet is not formatted for use in MZ, unless you have a plugin. And plugins cannot change what you see in the editor or how you select characters.

The name may also be wrong - ! means to align the character with the grid, rather than a few pixels higher, and is normally used for inanimate objects like doors and chests, but not for actors or NPCs. $ means the spritesheet is only meant to have one character rather than 8. Without a $, it is expecting 12 columns and 8 rows of sprites.

Whatever plugin you're using will tell you how your image should be named, but if you have something other than 3x4 with a $ in the name, or 12x8 with no $ in the name, it is just not going to look right in the editor.

What plugin are you using? Please give a link.

dm604

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are you using Galv's character frames?
I've used the same plugin.

Try changing your spritesheet name to the following and it might work for you (assuming your spritesheet is the right format and all).
($dollar sign instead of !)

Attachments

• Annotation 2021-10-29 021638.png
    Annotation 2021-10-29 021638.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 2

codyto1999

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are you using Galv's character frames?
I've used the same plugin.

Try changing your spritesheet name to the following and it might work for you (assuming your spritesheet is the right format and all).
($dollar sign instead of !)
Changing the ! to $ fixed it. Thanks!
1635460731662.png

codyto1999

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That spritesheet is not formatted for use in MZ, unless you have a plugin. And plugins cannot change what you see in the editor or how you select characters.

The name may also be wrong - ! means to align the character with the grid, rather than a few pixels higher, and is normally used for inanimate objects like doors and chests, but not for actors or NPCs. $ means the spritesheet is only meant to have one character rather than 8. Without a $, it is expecting 12 columns and 8 rows of sprites.

Whatever plugin you're using will tell you how your image should be named, but if you have something other than 3x4 with a $ in the name, or 12x8 with no $ in the name, it is just not going to look right in the editor.

What plugin are you using? Please give a link.
Thanks for the reply! @dm604 response fixed it. Galvs Character frames plugin.
1635460837536.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

To cut down on map lag, I've been researching how to implement a lighting layer as a single map overlay instead of a bunch of individual lights. Hopefully I'll have a screenshot soon!
Imagine having a game broken up into a whole bunch of chapters? Like Chapter 11 should be about the party members going bankrupt.
Over 1/4th of the calendars are already out :eek: Have you already put something to a good use?
Where would you go if you're looking to hire someone on here? I'm in need of a writer to take my story concept and turn it into npcs/dialog in my game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LXRDFLXRVL