RMMZ Adjust Window_ActorCommand & Window_BattleStatus = Rows and Columns

Marillmau5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I updated this post again for one more shot at someone being able to help.

I'm requesting a plugin that would allow me to force the window to show only 2 rows and 2 columns of skills. Like a message core manager but for the battle window.

Yanflys mv core had a setting to force the battle window columns and row. But For Vissustella they only have that option for choices and message window.

Last edited:

Marillmau5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Update: I was able to get the effect in RMMV using Yanflys Core and some other small scripts but they dont translate to MZ. And theres no MZ equivalent right now.

Attachments

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try this. I loaded it into a test project, and it shows the first four skills an actor knows in the BattleSkill Window. If he knows more than that, there's no way to select anything past the fourth one, and since columns is set to 2, it will only shows 2 rows of skills.

Interestingly enough, setting maxRows to 2 didn't have any effect in my test project.

Import at the bottom of the plugin manager so it's changes aren't overwritten by anything else. Filename doesn't matter, and you don't need to credit me.

Attachments

Marillmau5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks but like you were saying setting maxrows doesnt work. In rmmv it would be .numVisiblerows

I think they might have coded it differently where its not based on rows anymore. It might be based on the window height now. I have to see how to change that but it seems the height value might be nested in base window height. Not sure.

Last edited:

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks but like you were saying setting maxrows doesnt work. In rmmv it would be .numVisiblerows

I think they might have coded it differently where its not based on rows anymore. It might be based on the window height now. I have to see how to change that but it seems the height value might be nested in base window height. Not sure.
Okay, so let me understand more clearly here.
You want this window to only show four skills, but you also want the window to only be physically large enough to have four slots on it as well, yes? Or do you only want the window to show four skills at a time, and still be scrollable like a normal battle skill window? Because what I did does not change the actual size of the window at all, I dunno why, but I assumed you'd already done that part.

Marillmau5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes exactly, I was able to do it with rmmv, But Im unable to with rmmz.

Last edited:

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This edit makes it so that all windows at the bottom of the battlescreen are only two lines tall. Which makes it so that the skill window can only show four things at once, but also changes the battlecommand and battlestatus windows to also only be two lines tall.

If you want the status window to remain the same size, I can revert that back for just that window, but doing so will require me to change the positioning of the other windows as well, which is why I didn't do it yet (since I'm not sure you want that).

Attachments

Marillmau5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That is perfect, thank you. From there I can do the rest for the other windows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker
Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)
Working on a new menu for my game. I'm not sure if I should get the Lune Engine to make it more unique. I think I'll be making the text color more white to match the "Menu" color. I may add some little stamps or markings to make it look more like it's paper.
SF_Monster6 added!

Wonder when the next theme contest is coming?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
comercenary