Not open for further replies.

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello! Having a small issue with where status effect icons are appearing during battle! I am hoping someone might be able to offer a solution as to how to move them :)

As of right now, the icons look like this:

Ch3HNVZ.png

As you can see, they are pretty far above (and slightly askew) the intended targets, as are the visual animation effects from the status effects. Granted, my character spritesheets use a larger frame than MV typically does, but these icons are nearly double the distance away!

I am presently using:

Yanfly's Core Engine
Yanfly's Battle Engine Core
Yanfly's Battle Status Window
Yanfly's Buffand States Core

These are the main ones as far as battle and icons thereof are concerned, though other scripts do exist in the project.

Any ideas how to adjust the location of the icons?

Thank you!

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Trying to collect tips on your subforum? Anyways your answer isn't in any of Yanfly's plugins, but rpg_sprites.js.

• Go to line 1615, Sprite_StateIcon.
  • Set this.anchor.x to 0.
  • Set this.anchor.y to -0.5.
You can also do this with the animations (under State_Overlay) and other resources as required.

Last edited:

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BloodletterQ I doubt it. I think he will participate in the indie dev competition, since he is hiding the plugin list :D

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I guess this IGMC project is our sample game so I've got myself distracted.

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@BloodletterQ - Bruh, you are amazing. Worked great! I had to increase the numbers to get them where I want them, but this was definitely the solution. Thank you!

@Poryg - Correct, this is for the IGMC, but once the project is finished I want to share the open version of the game so that people can hopefully learn from it.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good luck :D It will be tough to beat you, but I'll try my best :))

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not to necro-post or anything...

But I'm having a similar issue where the state icons appear above my battlers but below my enemies (I've looked in these same plugins to see if I can change it to above... and apparently not?).

I was able to get my party where I wanted but now they appear even farther below the enemies.

Heliolater

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not to necro-post or anything...

But I'm having a similar issue where the state icons appear above my battlers but below my enemies (I've looked in these same plugins to see if I can change it to above... and apparently not?).

I was able to get my party where I wanted but now they appear even farther below the enemies.
I posted this in another older thread, but it might help you as well. I was having the opposite problem (icons below actors, above troops) and this is what I did:

I was using exclusively Yanfly plugins for the most recent version of MV.
My issue was caused by 1. missing dependencies and 2. improper sequencing.
Action Sequence Packs 1-3 and Animated Sideview Enemies were added between working and not working, so one or more of those was required.
The sequencing still needed to be fixed and my plugins are currently in this order:
Core
Battle EngineCore
BuffsStatesCore
ActSeqPack 1-3
AnimatedSVEnemies
VisualStateFX

Further, if it helps, I have the remaining core plugins, CTB battle system plugin, and visual HP gauge below this.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Zakarijah, @Heliolater, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evening humans! How goes the game make?
The anime characters we saw 20 years ago,
still have the same age when we see them now.
Somehow it's strange but also beautiful.
It's like no matter how much we change,
there's certain part of ourselves we can reconnect to when we see them again.
Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!
Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eamon_Dev-Alera