ZirconStorms

VX & VX Ace Scripts
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How would anyone go about doing something like this?
Zeus's video player has way too many issues displaying more than one movie, as it seems to lead to a black screen (on top of this, the script plays videos in its own seperate/hidden window, which makes it near impossible for some people to record any game cutscenes using this script when this issue happens.)

Estriole's video player is just as unusable, and even setting up one mpeg file script command leads to the game forcing it in fullscreen. The same issue persists (like with Zeus's video script), where the video displays as a dark purple/black color on recording software.

Is there absolutely any solution to this? The resolution I'm working with is 640x480, and I'm using the Zeus++ script at the moment to let the player toggle between 640x480 and 1280x960, but I can switch that script for another one (by Momomaru.)
I've been trying to figure out a solution to this issue for months, and absolutely nothing has worked so far.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

ZirconStorms

VX & VX Ace Scripts
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh, I guess this isn't really anything that can purely be fixed through eventing, huh. Sorry about that.

I also noticed that VX Ace can't center movies, either? So it might not be an option to just make a second, bigger version of a cutscene that fits the bigger image resolution and play that whenever the engine detects someone playing with double screen size, because a majority of the movie won't play on screen. Only 1/4th of the movie will show up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

For anyone who has uploaded a game to Steam and wonders if they actually check your game's build when you first upload it, I can personally vouch for Steam.
6 more towns to make in my game. SIX. not done with interiors yet but SIX EXTERIORS.
what to do when you come across a person that has stated "What if I say, f*** their EULA? I could probably get away with it." concerning asset packs sold here... on this site ...
So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...
I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Galewings