tvghost

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How would anyone go about doing something like this?
Zeus's video player has way too many issues displaying more than one movie, as it seems to lead to a black screen (on top of this, the script plays videos in its own seperate/hidden window, which makes it near impossible for some people to record any game cutscenes using this script when this issue happens.)

Estriole's video player is just as unusable, and even setting up one mpeg file script command leads to the game forcing it in fullscreen. The same issue persists (like with Zeus's video script), where the video displays as a dark purple/black color on recording software.

Is there absolutely any solution to this? The resolution I'm working with is 640x480, and I'm using the Zeus++ script at the moment to let the player toggle between 640x480 and 1280x960, but I can switch that script for another one (by Momomaru.)
I've been trying to figure out a solution to this issue for months, and absolutely nothing has worked so far.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]RGSSx Script Support[/move]

tvghost

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh, I guess this isn't really anything that can purely be fixed through eventing, huh. Sorry about that.

I also noticed that VX Ace can't center movies, either? So it might not be an option to just make a second, bigger version of a cutscene that fits the bigger image resolution and play that whenever the engine detects someone playing with double screen size, because a majority of the movie won't play on screen. Only 1/4th of the movie will show up.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

since all my maps are hand drawn... I admit, I super envy those who can make the tileset's work. I'm garbage at mapping, but slightly less bad at just drawing my own areas. plus it's easier to draw my own sprites than edit others to look like my characters.
Guys, I made a trailer! And, I also launched the Steam page! If you would like to support the game, please Wishlist it :ahappy: ->
working on some tilesets _ノ乙(、ン、)_

CIBl8xT.png

Oq8WKHX.png
aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fachry3