ADMINS - Here is how to allow anyone to change their username.

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey. So I saw that the forum software is XenForo. With it users cannot change their username. But I looked into it and found a few things. Now this is for the admins in case they want to allow users to change their username. @Touchfuzzy @Lunarea @Archeia

Here it is: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/username-change-by-siropu.4144/

This is a feature that I think that, if added, would make a lot of members happy, and save admins work when someone asks them to change their username.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Honestly, I'd rather leave it to just people requesting it. I don't get that many, and additionally, it keeps people from radically changing their name. Most name changes I've had people request are still the same name, but maybe removing a prefix/suffix or the spelling, etc.

I don't mind those name changes, but people radically changing their name makes it easier to hide who they are. (And if they have a legit reason to do that, they can contact us to handle it).

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Honestly, I'd rather leave it to just people requesting it. I don't get that many, and additionally, it keeps people from radically changing their name. Most name changes I've had people request are still the same name, but maybe removing a prefix/suffix or the spelling, etc.

I don't mind those name changes, but people radically changing their name makes it easier to hide who they are. (And if they have a legit reason to do that, they can contact us to handle it).
Alright. But if you ever change your mind, you know what to do ;)

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
We actually did know already and had discussed the pros and cons of adding it in, but we appreciate that you want to help.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Previous versions of this forum had allowed users to change there names, and that resulted for example in one very rude user (banned later) that changed his username whenever he was warned to watch his behaviour...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."
I decided to reinstall one of my most favourite game of all times, Gothic 2. Time to get back to Khorinis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atmey