deadahead

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello there.  I am currently starting to make a game that I plan on going commercial with.  I was just wondering if there is anyway I can use RMVX Ace with my Adobe Phonegap Build to port it to a mobile device?

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wouldn't work. PhoneGap Build, from what I was reading, is for web written apps, stuff made with HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Since RM is a Windows runtime, it would not fit into said category and thus making an export option for PhoneGap would be impossible.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPGMaker requires a windows DLL to run. if you can simulate Windows on your mobile, then it might be possible - but most likely not as I don't think a general mobile can run a windows emulation...

deadahead

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's what I thought.  Just thought I would look into it, thanks.  So what would be the best way to sell it once it is finished, granted this will be a while before that happens.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
err... As people have said that what you want to do can't be done, what is it that you think you will be selling?

deadahead

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I mean, where would the best place to sell the game online be, you know like Steam but obviously that would probably be a long shot.  I'm just trying to figure out now what the best way to go commercial will be, rather than waiting until the game is all finished.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There have been a few RM games released on Steam. You MAY be able to sell your game on the RM Web store. The other two places that will definitely be interested - assuming your game is GOOD - are Amaranth Games and Aldorlea Games, who both have sizeable RPG fan-bases. You could TRY Big Fish Games, but they have a more strict Q&A process to get through, and whispers are that they are not going to be accepting as many RPG Maker games as they used to, because the niche market does not provide a high enough profit to cover the huge time investment of their Q&A team.

There are also a number of smaller indie developers who affiliate other's games - basically, if you search for indie RPGs and find developer home pages, and they have games from other developers, it might be worth shooting them an email - once your game is almost ready for release - to see if they'd be interested in affiliating.

Check the pinned posts, which contain some good info to keep in mind during development.

deadahead

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There have been a few RM games released on Steam. You MAY be able to sell your game on the RM Web store. The other two places that will definitely be interested - assuming your game is GOOD - are Amaranth Games and Aldorlea Games, who both have sizeable RPG fan-bases. You could TRY Big Fish Games, but they have a more strict Q&A process to get through, and whispers are that they are not going to be accepting as many RPG Maker games as they used to, because the niche market does not provide a high enough profit to cover the huge time investment of their Q&A team.There are also a number of smaller indie developers who affiliate other's games - basically, if you search for indie RPGs and find developer home pages, and they have games from other developers, it might be worth shooting them an email - once your game is almost ready for release - to see if they'd be interested in affiliating.Check the pinned posts, which contain some good info to keep in mind during development.
. Thanks for the help, I will definitly be looking into this. It's gonna be a while like I said, I would just like to be prepared when the time comes.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.
Woof, haven't touched any game-making elements in a couple of weeks I think.
Doing a thing in MV...

R3PuRjF.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raizus