Advance Interaction Plugin (Pictures included)

Runako

Miracle/Magic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:kaohi:

I am working on a game that makes a huge emphasis on interactions with NPCs.
In my game, players will talk with NPCs for various reasons: to assemble them into their party, for healing, for stat increase, convert.
Interact.png

For sake of distinction there are two different types of NPCs: Enemy NPCs and Friend NPCs

In my game, players need to interact with enemy NPCs in order to convert them. They must go through a dialogue tree and select the right choices according to the enemy NPCs personality. As the player interacts with enemy NPCs, they lose energy (because talking with people can be draining!!!).

In order for the player to regain energy, they must go back to the Sanctuary and talk the friend NPCs. When you talk with the friend NPC you gain energy. After talking to the friend NPC certain number of times, you will run out of things to talk about and must come back later to continue talking.

I am now requesting a plugin that will accommodate this mechanic:
Would it be possible to create a plugin that will allow a dialogue cooldown, conversation limits and conversation points, and interaction energy.
This is all what I look for in this plugin:

• Player is given conversation limit points for friend NPCs that keep track of how many conversations you've had with the NPC.- (i.e. - John has a limit of two conversations. Each time you talk to him, you gain a conversation point specifically for him, and once you reach two, you can no longer talk with John.)
    Nothing more.png
  • Conversation cooldown - for both friend and enemy npcs, they will have a cool down. Once their specific conversation limit points are met, player must wait 5-10 minutes to talk to that NPC again.) After cooldown, the NPCs conversation point limit resets.
    Notify.png
    (When the NPC's cooldown time is up, the player will be visually notified.)
  • Interaction energy - This will work like a variable. Depending on your interaction, you gain energy or lose it. If your interaction is with a friend you gain energy and if it is with an enemy then you lose energy.
    Encouraged.png

This is all very possible with eventing, but it becomes difficult because I have to create special configurations for every npc. Tedious:kaophew:

If you like the idea, please feel free to take it and make it your own. Add features, subtract features, etc.

I would love to see this in the community. I really hope someone can make something like this for this will greatly benefit us. I am more concerned about seeing this for us, not specifically for my game, but it is something that I do want in my game (don't get me wrong).
:kaoswt:
Thank you for your consideration

-Da'Sheek

Attachments

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If nobody else has picked this up by the time I've finished my current commissions and managed to remember all the other stuff people wanted that I've forgotten in the meantime, I'd like to take a crack at this one.

Runako

Miracle/Magic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll take you up on that!
Wonderful, I would love to see this system going.

If you will give me a PM when you get started that would be highly appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!
Told my five year old she couldn't have any more candy as it was nearly bed time. She looked at me and said "Don't you know people die with no food?"
Need Antidote for a cold. x,x
Just bought another dlc off of steam. I'm loving these "POP!" packs :)
Every once in awhile, somebody reminds me events don't normally pass through each other. What's next? Maps with borders? Weirdos. :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShellShaded