Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What if I want it to be from 8:00 PM to 12:00 AM? BTW I am using a 12 Hour Clock not a 24 Hour Clock
Kind of tells me that you haven't even read the instructions in the script, or tried to test the options.

GameTime.hour_nom? >= 8 && GameTime.hour_nom? <= 12

Keeping in mind this will be true twice.

But you can display the game time as a 12 hour clock and check for the 24 hour time.

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Kind of tells me that you haven't even read the instructions in the script, or tried to test the options.

GameTime.hour_nom? >= 8 && GameTime.hour_nom? <= 12

Keeping in mind this will be true twice.

But you can display the game time as a 12 hour clock and check for the 24 hour time.
Ok so I did it like this:
GameTime.hour_nom? <= 0 && GameTime.hour_nom? >= 14 (Note I put 14 for the 24 Hour type clock) So it should go from 2:00 PM to 12:00 AM, but when I did that, it didn't do what I needed it to do.
If the statement is true then it will say that the place is closed if not then you can go in to the shop. When I set it up and tested it out it still allowed me in the shop.

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Roninator2 Here is what I have got so far. I got it to work atm. If I have anymore questions I will let you know. Thank you for the help.
Screenshot_1.png

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Again, please read the script. hour_nom is for 12 hour clocks.
Again, please read the script. hour_nom is for 12 hour clocks.

This means that your shop is open from 1AM to 8PM
Ok so I got that figured out, now how would I go at making people in my towns not be there at specific times of the day. For example I have an npc that sells things and I want her to be in the town from 12:00 AM to 5:00 PM. How would I set it up to make her be there at that time but after that she is not there?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How would I set it up to make her be there at that time but after that she is not there?
Easiest way I can think of off the top of my head is a parallel event checking the time and when the proper time is met, change a switch. Have shop people on the switch to a blank page for the event.

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Easiest way I can think of off the top of my head is a parallel event checking the time and when the proper time is met, change a switch. Have shop people on the switch to a blank page for the event.
Ok but how do i make it check if the npc is supposed to be gone. For example: If I set up a shop event to do parallel processing to see if the time is met then the shop will be gone during that time, but if not then the event will continue to get you in the shop each time you move.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Since this is not a problem with the script anymore, I suggest you make a new thread in vx ace support or look at some tutorials. What your asking for just involves some thinking and eventing.

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey was wondering if I could get some help with this. When I start a new game the clock shows up correctly, but when I save and open the game up from my save the clock dissappears. How would I fix this?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Risa_Quest