Necrofear04

Variemai...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Oh, I'm blind... Thanks for pointing that out, Vlue!

neoscully

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Hi, your script is very cool and very usable.

The only thing that I cant get to run is NOTINT together with KHAS, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

What I want to to is to set the lights at a map to the light settings of KHAS and therefore I use an event that sets the corresponding data.

Additionally I set the maps note to "Notint".

All that happens is, that there is no change in tint (always light), but also NOT the settings of KHAS engine.

I tried to play around with different events to switch the KHAS settings on, but no changes.

Any ideas, please?

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Using it with Khas it take control of the tint and keeps it default to 0,0,0,0 in notint maps, you would need an event to pause the tint and then set the

tint of Khas if you want light effects indoors.

Scriptcall:

GameTime.pause_tint(true)

will pause the tint.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think there's probably a much easier way to do the custom tinting. You could probably do something without having to fill the bitmap every time the tint changes (at least that looks like what you're doing). It would probably be better to just fill the bitmap with black and change the color property of the sprite, setting it to a color with the rgb of the tint and an alpha of 255. Then all you'd have to do is set the opacity of the sprite to the opacity of the tint. Wouldn't that work more efficiently in this case?

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure how well that'd work out, since the color property blends. I can't see it as being any more efficient then what this is however, especially without knowing how exactly color blending works in the Sprite class.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, the color blends with the normal bitmap in the ratio of the color's alpha. And I think it would probably be at least a little faster, seeing as the color property is automatically blended in every time the graphics update. I don't know, I guess I just like to use the built in properties of sprites instead of drawing stuff to the bitmap.

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It could be! Luckily for me if it was it'd be hardly noticeable. I'm usually quite set in how I've done things and keep them as they were originally written. It's always nice to hear other ideas and methods though that can help future scripts! For example, never knew the Sprite class had a color or tone property! (Which is sad, since I've used the color property in a previous script and completely forgot about it)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, it would probably be hardly noticeable, but I just like to optimize wherever I can. For example, once I went through one of my scripts and changed all unnecessary double quotes to single quotes.

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Like to optimize wherever you can indeed! Nothing but good from that though~

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sometimes it tints in a random manner when configured to use KHAS... sometimes its too dark then next time its light (on roughly the same time frame)

also, when it uses REAL time, the .day? method returns the following day and not the current one... Like if it's 17 today, the method actually returns 18...

Last edited by a moderator:

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day and month would mess up like that yah. Been fixed on the pastebin. Assumably.

Dann Woolf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Would it be possible to add compatibility with Victor Engine's Light Effects?

Reisen

Hagoromo ♥
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipinookie
Primarily Uses
I'm sure I'm just being a stupid adorable person right now but I'll ask anyway: (I hope it's not a necropost)

If I wanted to make a conditional branch requiring the right hour and minute, I would like to know what script call to use. I tried these two script calls out: GameTime.min? & GameTime.hour? but to no avail, I failed :( What exactly do I replace that question mark with?

Nusus

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
you have to assing one variable for hour time, and other for minutes.
then you can validate from conditional branch because GameTime.min and the other functions only return a intenger.

example:

Variable001 = GameTime.min?

Varibale002 = GameTime.hour?

conditional branch:Variable002 == 14

conditional branch: Variable001==30
                some actions

if hour is 14 with 30 mins then what you want to happen.

sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand me

Last edited by a moderator:

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As well as the variable route, you can also use the script function of the conditional branches.

One example that would only activate if the time was between say... 10am and 5pm would be:

GameTime.hour? >= 10 and GameTime.hour? < 17

Another would be, if you want the exact minute and hour:

GameTime.hour? == 5 and GameTime.min? == 10

would only work when its 5:10am

Reisen

Hagoromo ♥
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipinookie
Primarily Uses
Thanks for answering you two! I understand it clearly now but one more question, if I wanted it to be 5:10pm would it be:

GameTime.hour? == 17 and GameTime.min? == 10

Thank you again =)

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Correct!

Dann Woolf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Could you please add compatibility with Victor Engine's Light Effects? I prefer it over Khas Awesome Light Effects because for some reason when I use KALE it doesn't tint the screen appropriately during battles.

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can look into it, yah.

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How do I make it so that the clock would only show the time going up by increments of ten minutes rather than one? I want the speed to the time to be the same, but I don't want it to show the individual numbers.

Also, how do I move it to the bottom right corner?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If the world treats you like an enemy... Then the world must be your enemy...
Last monday Hawkzombie played ATV.

Here are the videos:

Yes, I'm alive. No the semester didn't kill me. Though there are days I feel like I am dead.
In the review stages for Pixacrea to be put up on Steam :) Coming Soon page... hopefully coming soon ;)
since all my maps are hand drawn... I admit, I super envy those who can make the tileset's work. I'm garbage at mapping, but slightly less bad at just drawing my own areas. plus it's easier to draw my own sprites than edit others to look like my characters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GingaAle