Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How do I make it so that the clock would only show the time going up by increments of ten minutes rather than one? I want the speed to the time to be the same, but I don't want it to show the individual numbers.

Also, how do I move it to the bottom right corner?
Change line number ??? from 'minute = $game_time.min' to 'minute = $game_time.min % 10 * 10' without the quotes.

Line number depends on what clock you use.

510 for 24 hour, 518 for 24 hour with date, 532 for 12 hour, 544 for 12 hour with date, 572 for custom 

Necrofear04

Variemai...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Hey Vlue, is there a way to not tint the choices window along with the normal text window whenever it appears?

Also, I can't get to tint a map (it's a cave so it's supposed to be completely dark, and using kha's lighting will provide the selected lighting effect)

What I tried so far is:

> script calling GameTime.pause_tint(true) in the teleport event leading to the cave

> creating a different parallel process inside the cave map that calls the script and then procede to tinting

None of them works, map is not tagged as Notint.

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That tint thing is a KHAS problem, you'll have to play with the z option in it.

As for the no tinting, when setting KHAS's tint in the cave did you make sure to change the alpha up so its visible as well? My script set's the alpha to 0 for notint.

$game_map.effect_surface.set_alpha(##)

Necrofear04

Variemai...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the info, Vlue!

I don't have access to VXA right now, so I 'll test it tomorrow!

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Amazing script! Thank you for this. BD

Nosleinad

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hi Vlue,

I just began to use your script, and it's working together with Khas light script (apart from the battle that isn't affected by tint even if i set the config to affect the battle).

Apart from the battle issue with Khas Script (is there an way to solve this?), another small thing that i noticed is that the game hour tinting only happens after the transition animation between maps. Personally i think it takes off a good bit of reality, as when i leave a indoor map with "Notint", i came out at night and it's clear during the transition animation. Only after it the map darkens. Of course that this detail also happens in the opposite way, as the game time tint is only applied after the end of the transitions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The no battle tint while using Khas (Or Victor's) was fixed in the most recent version.

That other problem.. shouldn't occur, but I'll look into it.

mihai7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
when I use PAUSE_IN_MENUS = true the main menu also gets tinted. :-/ How can I avoid this? Thanks.

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What do you mean? The menu windows are being tinted?

mihai7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The menu windows are not tinted, just when you go to a tinted map and return to title screen (main menu as I like to call it), the title screen

picture is tinted , when you set PAUSE_IN_MENUS = true.

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Aaahhh. New version should avoid that problem.

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, well this time I tested it to make sure it works! Try now!

mihai7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks, now it works.

Edit: Seems like it also tints pictures when you use "Show Picture". Any fix for that?

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Edit line 432 "self.z = 100" 

Change that 100 to 1. 

It'll make the pictures not tint, and I really hope it doesn't break anything else!

mihai7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks for all the help, it worked.

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Vlue,

I just began to use your script, and it's working together with Khas light script (apart from the battle that isn't affected by tint even if i set the config to affect the battle).

Apart from the battle issue with Khas Script (is there an way to solve this?), another small thing that i noticed is that the game hour tinting only happens after the transition animation between maps. Personally i think it takes off a good bit of reality, as when i leave a indoor map with "Notint", i came out at night and it's clear during the transition animation. Only after it the map darkens. Of course that this detail also happens in the opposite way, as the game time tint is only applied after the end of the transitions.
Hey man, do you mean this script?

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/4917-khas-awesome-light-effects/

And if you do, PLEASE tell me, how does this thing work???!!!

I want to use it with the Advanced Game Time script. I get this one, but Khas's script is killing me, I don't even know how to make it work! 

Sorry for the noob here but I would appreciate some help...

And Vlue, just dropping by to say you're awesome! 

Your script is the most awesome ever!!! It made my game better! Thanks for it and keep doing this magical scripting of yours!

JulianSK

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How to configure for use with the Khas Awesome Light Effects script?

For example, I want to create a night with bluish colors but with light effects.
But when I enable "Use Khas" in the script to true, only the screen goes dark, but no possibility to enhance the colors red, green and blue, but with the native Khas script call, this is possible.

My night example:

s = $game_map.effect_surface
s.change_color(120,68,68,255,170)

Is there a way to use the Khas script call to tint the screen instead of the Vlue's script tint metod, while maintaining the day/night system and the clock?

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can set what tint is used at each hour in the day between lines 163 and 186, each is a Color object with the format Color.new(red,green,blue,opacity) so if you want more blue just increase the value of the third number for each hour of night.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Mom tested positive for COVID thanks to a single stupid coworker of hers not taking sh*t serious.
I'll prolly won't be on here for a while as we deal with this.
So before I inevitably start a new project to reorganize myself (I will make sure to save important info dw), I will make an external list of what I want in the final database.
Although a lot of things are still not finished, I can't delay the early access date.
It's her birthday. :kaojoy:
Have you ever been truly comfortable? This weekend I experienced it for the first time in my 33 years on this planet. Try to get comfy, friends.
Every once in a while I check to see if my planned game titles are taken or trademarked. Still okay. I plan to take my time for the sake of quality, but at the same time it feels like a race against some hidden dev out there who also plans to publish or register the same title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duselre