JulianSK

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Vlue;

I tried to do as told, but still not getting the desired effect...

There goes, my configuration screen (Note: The time I tried was 4:50 PM)

scriptl.png

And here is the game screen, with the "Use Khas" option enabled (true):

withvluescript.png

Here, is the screen with the "Use Khas" option disabled (false):

withvluescript2.png

And finally, how is the screen using

directly the Khas script call command (without Advanced GameTime script):

s = $game_map.effect_surface
s.change_color(120,68,68,255,170)

withkhascript.png

The last screen is the effect I want to put in the game, but I can only do using the the Khas script calls, and without the day/night system.
There's no way to make the two work together?

I also tried the Vlue's Basic Real Time script, but I had no success trying to put the script calls in the common events... Need more instructions, but there is little information available about that script.

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I also experience that when I used Khas + this system... No matter what I do, I always get a darker and blacker shade than what I wanted... also, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It would seem one of the functions from the lighting script wasn't working as I assumed it did. Get the script from the pastebin again and it should work out better now.

As for Real Time, there isn't much more instruction that could be supplied, but if you need help with it, PM me or post on that topic with your question.

amicable

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
hey, uh, i could have sworn i saw a fix for this while browsing through this thread before, but apparently i'm blind or crazy

when i open up the save menu, the save slots are tinted. i haven't modified the script, and i don't think there should be any others interfering? thanks

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Weird why it would do that, but rectified and updated the script.

Ice Cluster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey,

I'm sory if my question is dumb, but I just thought, it doesn't hurt to ask^^

How can I create a condition with the weekdays, since they are strings. Are they numbered or how can I do this?

I found the command to check the weekday, but I'm not sure how to use it, so I thought asking would be easier than testing it.

Thanks in advance

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
GameTime.day_week? will return a number based on the day of the week, from 0 (Sunday) to 6 (Saturday)

If you wanted something to run say... only on Friday, the conditional branch script tag would have to read:

GameTime.day_week? == 5

Ice Cluster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, that was just the information I was looking for.

Internetakias

RPG Maker VX Ace Noob :P
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Is there a possibility of a GameTime.day_year? command?

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That would be simple to add in! In fact it's already in! It's been in since I made it I think, and the command is indeed GameTime.day_year? and I'm pretty certain it works as it's supposed to... :3

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I seem to have an odd effect going on, I have the tint paused in cave on enter, everything darkens nicely with Khas light effects. Then I open\close main menu and poof all tint is gone...

Any idea what's going on?

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Vaguely, let's see if this worked, I updated the script on the pastebin with the new changes.

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried your new script, but recieved an error whilst starting a new game.

line 707

undefined method for 'update_tint' for #<GameTime:: Sprite_TimeTint:0xb101188>

prevented game from starting...

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Guess I didn't hit save when I first fixed that, because I swear I already did. Otherwise, fixed up on the pastebin.

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you kind person :rock-left: :D :rock-right:

Works awesomely! I love this community about as much as I loved the NWN community when I made Modules for that game!

mchamilton

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So, first off, I love this script. Thank you very much for making it as it is exactly what my team of beginner RPG Makers was looking for. Here is my problem. I want to set it to start at a specific time and date. I can do this just fine, however when i do the clock doesnt run. It just stays at what I set it to. How do I make it so that it starts at a specific time and date and then runs from there?

This is the event that i put on the starting map to set the starting time. It is a parallel event below the characters if that matters.

GameTime.change(0,0,9,1,3,2,1107)*EDIT* I solved it myself. Just added "Erase Event" to the end of the event. Works perfectly now.

Last edited by a moderator:

mchamilton

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
OK. here is another one. Not really a problem, just a functionality that i need. I am using your advanced game time script and your advanced weather script. i need the weather script to check the game time script to check what month it is so that it can set the season. I am a beginner scripter and am not sure how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Could use a parallel process event that checks the current month and changes the season accordingly through a short series of conditional branches. The required script call checks in the conditions would be something similar to: GameTime.month? >= 3 and GameTime.month? < 6 which would only go if the current month is between month #3 and month #6.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Mom tested positive for COVID thanks to a single stupid coworker of hers not taking sh*t serious.
I'll prolly won't be on here for a while as we deal with this.
So before I inevitably start a new project to reorganize myself (I will make sure to save important info dw), I will make an external list of what I want in the final database.
Although a lot of things are still not finished, I can't delay the early access date.
It's her birthday. :kaojoy:
Have you ever been truly comfortable? This weekend I experienced it for the first time in my 33 years on this planet. Try to get comfy, friends.
Every once in a while I check to see if my planned game titles are taken or trademarked. Still okay. I plan to take my time for the sake of quality, but at the same time it feels like a race against some hidden dev out there who also plans to publish or register the same title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duselre