Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ahoy!

It is pretty late for me right now (most would call it as "early", 6 AM), so I will try to make my question as short as possible.

I have been trying to find a script on this forum. A very, very old one. Forgot it's name, forgot it's author, I just know it has to do something with smoothly animating an object by changing it's variables, and that I have posted in the topic made for that script long, long ago.

So, as always, I tried the search engine on the forum. Usually it gets the job done. Not now.

And this is when I realized that I have no idea how to search in a specific sub-category of the forum. 

Tried the "Advanced Search" but that one really isn't much advanced that the default one, or at least, it certainly seems so.

Maybe I am missing something, but I couldn't set up the specific forum category I wanted to search in anywhere. Is that possible somehow here?

Or can I set up the search to look in the topics I already posted in? That would make it easier as well.

I would look through my posts myself if there weren't so many, but I got no time to read all my posts just for that one I search for, that is why we got search engines after all, right?

If there are no such functions on this forum, would it be possible to implement it? I mean, it is pretty common on many forums (well, I never actually saw a forum without these), so I don't really see any reason not to have it here. Just a suggestion.

If we already got these, could someone be kind enough to walk me through of how to get to these features? I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks for reading, and for any answers I get!

And now for my sleeping time, hitting the bed in 5, ... 4, ... 3, ... 2, ... 1, ...*-*

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whenever I am searching for something on the forums, I just use Google. You can use the 'site' option to narrow the search to just the forums.

https://www.google.com/#q=site:http:%2F%2Fforums.rpgmakerweb.com

Just copy and paste that text into the address bar of your browser, then enter whatever phrases you remember. You can also use the 'Search Tools' button to narrow the search to around the time you remember the post being made. Entering your own user name might help, too. 

Aside from all of that, is what you are after Iavra's Animate Everything?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, you actually can select what forums you want to search in (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "searching in a sub-category") and no, it's not obvious how to do it.  I only discovered it myself a month or two ago.  Let's see if I can remember ...

You can go to Activity > My Activity Streams > Content I Posted In if you just want to see all the threads you've participated in, but then you've still got to narrow it down.  That's just using the tabs at the top, not the advanced search.

You can also go to your profile (choose Profile from drop-down list next to your name in top right corner) and click See my activity in the lower right of your cover photo.  You can then filter that to Posts on the left, but you still have a whole stack of them to wade through.

Here we go (took me several minutes to find it again, too, and all that stuff above is stuff I found while searching, that was NOT the way, but might be useful anyway).  No wonder it took so long to find - it's not even under Search!

Click on the Activity and select the drop-down next to My Activity Streams.  Select Create New Stream.  Under Content Type, select Topics.  When you do, you'll get a 'more options' dropdown, which will let you narrow the results by forum.  You can then narrow down the other criteria to show just stuff you've posted in.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like there's a search option that will let you choose the new activity stream (there might be one hidden away somewhere, but I haven't found it), so you'll still have to go through all the posts, but at least you can get it narrowed down to just the forum you're interested in.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks Exhydra, that is the topic I searched for, yay! :D

Thanks for explaining where to find this feature Shaz! 

Wow, they surely took the extra mile to hide it well. :D

Tried it out just now. The first time it showed me all the posts from all topics I posted in, than I set the "Show Me" option to "Items only", and finally, it showed every topic only once, which narrowed it down by a lot.

I wonder why these options are not present in the actual search engine? o.o

Ohh, well, all is well, I found what I searched for and I learned how to search with more specific criteria! Double win!

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whenever I am searching for something on the forums, I just use Google. You can use the 'site' option to narrow the search to just the forums.

https://www.google.com/#q=site:http:%2F%2Fforums.rpgmakerweb.com

Just copy and paste that text into the address bar of your browser, then enter whatever phrases you remember. You can also use the 'Search Tools' button to narrow the search to around the time you remember the post being made. Entering your own user name might help, too. 

Aside from all of that, is what you are after Iavra's Animate Everything?

You can found google hack tricks here, very nice trick to know for advance search for website.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/google-search-hacks/

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Custom slip rates and custom ailment durations for enemies really opens up the floodgates for status effect use. I can have Poison and Time Stop affect bosses without it breaking their balance! Finally, a healthy middle ground.

(Especially after I cooked up a thing that prevents you from re-applying deadly states more than once in specific occassions.)
Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.
The only time my brother shows me any kind of support is by liking or LOL my Facebook Comments.
I finally finished the Coliseum for my game. Love how it looks. Credits for the assets goes to Kokoro Reflections, @Starbird_Resources, and @megumi014.
Colossuem.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UniverseOwO