ericv00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So. I have a lot on my plate. I can't make every idea I have. But I misread a thread title and now I want to see the game that started forming in my head. The thread title:

"Text boxes become three characters high after an event. "​

Now, I can't say for sure what my brain thought it said, but the way my brain interpreted it initially was that the text boxes were characters. I feel that there is fruitful ground in exploring the trials and tribulations of a text box. ...To say the right thing at the right time, to appear when and where needed, to use the right font and format. For a game, the text box is essential for giving a voice to its inhabitants.

A meek and timid text box starts its journey failing to give emphasis, failing to drive home an important message, only for that to lead to hardship and strife. Throughout the story, the text box gains perspective ...and abilities that enhance its effectiveness. New fonts, borders, color, prominence. Eventually, it realizes its importance, and ultimately learns to use the voice that it is to encourage the characters that it speaks for and to. Along the way, it learns that there are text boxes with other intentions, evil intentions, and it must find a way to overcome them.

A common trope is for characters to title and announce their moves. Imagine the text box being an entity of its own, making decisions for the character by announcing the moves for them, pressuring them to action. How often do people have thoughts that they struggle to convey? Imagine humanity's best friend, the text box, helping to find the right words and the best way to say what the heart feels.

Text Box must take on the world's loftiest responsibilities, the last words of a hero, difficult truths, proclamations of love, in order to save it from its most terrible messages.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fun fact. Today it's exactly 2600 days since I met my now gf for the first time. Sometimes being a programmer can be really useful. O:)
Is RPG Maker VX (rgss2) still relevant? xD
ZyCHqk2.png

Something about top-downs.
I have never felt so attacked by a tree before :LZSlol: it took 10++ hours to make but at least it looks pretty LOL

Untitled-1.png
now seems like the worst time for me to need a better computer with how much stuff is costing. that and I don't thing there's much else I can do to make MV run any better with what I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yamamushi