Not open for further replies.

kood99

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like some advice on how to go about making a chest with treasure that cannot be opened from certain directions because it is up on a cliff.

I have highlighted the spot I'd like to put the chest:
upload_2019-10-11_19-32-52.png

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Simplest way would be to put a condition in your chest event "If player is facing up" (you might eventually also check for player facing right).

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The easiest way to do this is to check which direction the player is facing when interacting with the event.
Capture.PNG

This makes it that the chest will only open if the player is in front of the chest

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?
I don't know what I'm doing :D
So got my hearing tested to see if it was the cause of my mishearing what people say. Test showed no problems but talked with the doctor about anxiety and ADHD causing hearing issues and she agreed and also added that some people hear things differently. With my anxiety cause I am in fight or flight I pay attention to all the sounds in the area so body knows when react. Can't pay attention to one source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MythologixGD