overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I am looking into learning to draw and I plan to get a Drawing Tablet. I've run into a HUION which seems affordable and decent, but wish to consult people on what the best starter options are. I plan to buy one soon so any advice is loved.

ElCheffe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, i have no experience with HUION but i own a XP-PEN 15.6 Pro. It has a decent size and the overall quality is good. I'm using it with Clip Studio Paint and it works perfectly fine.
But i have to admit i'm not a good painter, i usually use it to draw some concepts or a bit of background art.

In fact i was also considering a HUION instead but XP-PEN had a sale when i bought mine so it was more about the price than anything else.

autodidact

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I don't know much about this subject (not much of a drawer myself), but I have been fiddling around with my sisters Kodak Cybertablet F10. I am happy with it and was about to suggest it to you, until I looked up the HUION Inspiroy H1060P, which is seems to be a really good price. I think I will buy it. Thanks for brand-name dropping :)

The only complaint I have about my Kodak Cybertablet is that it doesn't have enough buttons. It only comes with 6. It's kind of a messy work space when you have an external keyboard for program shortcuts, a computer mouse (actually, the Kodak Cybertablet has a scroll wheel built in which is kind of convenient for zooming or vertical/horizontal scrolling), and also add a drawing tablet all laid out on your desk.

If your a keyboard user who loves keyboard shortcuts (like me), then I think you won't be happy with a lot of other options that offer less keys. You can't control-z, control-r, control-v, control-p, or anything else without constantly reaching to your keyboard. I feel like it really hinders my work flow.

Hope this helps.

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have a Monoprice tablet. Pretty well built. It's not a screen type. Right now it's under $50 through Walmart's site.

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you all for yer suggestions. I'm probably gonna go with the HUION. Based on what I've seen starter tablets are best chosen based on their price.

Thank you all again. :D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I might not participate in the Boss Battle contest after all... I have more important things to do, like Wishful Wanda. And of course the Dark Deception spinoff I plan to pitch, Demon Slayer.
Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krinalle