Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Charge Turn Battle System
Archeia Engine Ace

Introduction

Allows players to have CTB Mechanics for their battle system!

Features
A Charge Turn Battle System!

Screenshots

Without Luna Engine

With Luna Engine

How to Use

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # The default skill speed recovery. It's a percentage, i.e 50 means 50% speed.  # Note: It doesn't include Attack. Attack speed is always 100 unless specified  # in the attack skill's notebox.  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  CTB_SKILL_SPEED = 75    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # The default item speed recovery.  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  CTB_ITEM_SPEED = 150    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # The default guard speed.  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  CTB_GUARD_SPEED = 120    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # The default escape speed.  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  CTB_FLEE_SPEED = 300    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # Just type in: <speed: n> on skill notebox.  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  CTB_SPEED_SET = /<speed:\s*(\d+)>/iFor the turn icons, you need to make two versions!

The Active slot should be "Character/Enemyname_BigIcon"
example: Ralph_BigIcon

For the small slots, they should be "Character/Enemyname_SmallIcon" 
example: Ralph_smallicon

Demo

Version 1.02

Download over here!

Version 1
Download over here!
Mirror Download Link 

Script
Too many scripts. Download Demo instead.

F.A.Q.
Q: Is this compatible with Yanfly Battle Engine
A: ...Not yet ;w;

Q: Is this compatible with the Luna Engine?
A: Yes! From what I saw so far.

Q: I found a bug.
A: Sob...I'll try ;-;

Q: Can you add x feature?
A: Sob...I'll try ;-;

Credit and Thanks

- Archeia_Nessiah

- Kread_Ex

- AwesomeCool : He’s totally awesome and did a lot of fixes and reports!

- Yami : For being awesome!

- NeonBlack : Helping me pinpoint a bug.

Author's Notes
Free to use commercially and non-commercially. 
Core script isn't a basic module or anything, it's the CTB itself. It's separated from the main configuration file.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does this work with battle symphony?  If it does I am using it.  :)

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh? my previous CTB didn't work with a battle system I used. Wonder if this will be what I'm looking for.

AwesomeCool

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
got it working with battle Symphony  :)

all I had to change was this...

def input if @actions[@action_input_index].nil? @actions[@action_input_index] = Game_Action.new(self) end @actions[@action_input_index] endto this...

def input if @action_input_index.nil? @action_input_index = 0 end if @actions[@action_input_index].nil? @actions[@action_input_index] = Game_Action.new(self) end @actions[@action_input_index] endEdit: found a bug, states do not work right.  If poison is put on a character, it never damages him and the state never expires.  I guess this is due to turns never being incremented.

AwesomeCool

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Also, can I ask what determines the order in which battlers go?

I can't seem to change the order from the initial order that the characters go in.  No matter what I change.  Changing agility nor speed mid battle or before battle has no effect.  Which makes me believe the order is bugged somehow.

I will try to dig deeper for more info.  :)

edit:  I think that @action_battlers array needs to be sorted by ctb_ticks in AEA - CTB after line 143 (So that if two battlers go into the action_battlers array at the same time the one that moved faster will go first).  Still trying to find out why slowing down agility of battlers mid battle is not messing with the order in any way.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
interesting battle system lemme check if it work with tankentai if it not (probally the Battle camera will not work) I will fix this for you  because I know you are a pretty occupied person archeia~

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I admit to be a little concerned about compatibilities, but this looks so great. Thanks a lot, Archeia!

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Also, can I ask what determines the order in which battlers go?

I can't seem to change the order from the initial order that the characters go in.  No matter what I change.  Changing agility nor speed mid battle or before battle has no effect.  Which makes me believe the order is bugged somehow.

I will try to dig deeper for more info.  :)

edit:  I think that @action_battlers array needs to be sorted by ctb_ticks in AEA - CTB after line 143 (So that if two battlers go into the action_battlers array at the same time the one that moved faster will go first).  Still trying to find out why slowing down agility of battlers mid battle is not messing with the order in any way.
AwesomeCool makes a good point. It pretty much looks like a turn order bar script, not an actual battle system. I can't figure out the actual mechanics or do anything mid battle to put any of the battlers at a disadvantage. Could you explain how the turn mechanic works?

AwesomeCool

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Don't know if this fixed the problems :/ Use with no other fixes, place this under CTB script

https://gist.github.com/suppayami/748c0f65660265f18051
nope it doesn't sadly. I set an enemy at 999 agility and the order looks like it works until the first action is made then it defaults to the standard order.

add this fix to the fix and it will work perfectly (place below all other AEA CTB scripts and yami's fix):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/annxe6ncgw2j1ln/AwesCool%20AEA%20fix.rb

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
YBE compatible?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello everyone!

Here's a new version of the CTB with some fixes! Please give a warm thanks to AwesomeCool and Yami-chan for all the help they gave! The script page is also updated. It fixes the following things:

1. If the enemy can't make any actions it crashes (example would be a monster without mana thus can't using abilities) - line 203 the error occurs due to current_action being nil.

2. States do not expire nor does damage tick from them.

3. Forced actions do not work.

4. Set an enemies agility to 999 (kept rest the same) and order didn't change at all (at first it looked like it was going to till after the first action when the bar changed to its normal order)

Bug that needs to be fixed:

The order is sometimes wrong (I noticed this with the slime I gave various different skills to that all have different speeds set. Making me believe that skills with different speeds on one character will throw off the order bar).

Some of the stuff AwesomeCool has implemented isn't included but we're all working on it ;w; )/

Enjoy and Good Luck with your Indie Game Contest entries thingmajingers too!

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This seems to be working better now. However, there might be a bug. If not, then I think this should be looked at more carefully.

Whenever you highlight a skill that alters the speed (Guard), it will show the turn order preview correctly. But as you scroll through the other commands, the turn order preview doesn't change until you get back to "Attack."

I believe when the cursor moves off of "Guard" in the Command Menu, the turn order bar should show a preview based on the standard speed.

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's quite hard to explain. I apologize for the confusing explanation. This video should help.

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I don't think it's a bug, ctb predicts who will act next turn and so on, if guard speed is high, it means you'll have more actions to perform before the enemies does.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If you watch the video you will see that the turn order doesn't refresh itself after "selecting" guard, thus giving players a wrong interpretation of what the turn order will look like if say, they hovered over guard, and then instead used a "Magic" ability. The order gauge only seems to fix itself once the player hovers back over the basic Attack command.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Say, does anyone know any other indie game development forums? Progress on my uni survey has been a little slow, so I wanna look into posting it around a bit more.
Due to the bullies' resurgence on Facebook and Twitter against my friend (and I since I defend), we've decided to move over to tumblr to try to obscure our presence, where we might finally be at peace working on games. If anyone wants my/our game's tumblrs to follow lmk. :kaojoy:
Is there anyone need help with anything except art and music?
is Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc. = KADOKAWA CORPORATION? I haven't found this topic yet, Want to know for credits on my game. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uniteditcare