Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Change Keys
Introduction
This plugin overwrites a lot of input functions.
  • This allows you to use Space bar and Enter Key to proceed messages.
  • Backspace will hide the window instead of space bar.
Extension Download
Download Here!

Source Code Download
Download Here!

License
I use the MIT License which is free for all kind of uses (both commercial and non-commercial) as long as you put my name on the credits. (Archeia - http://archeia.moe).
- If you'd like to donate, here's my Ko-Fi page.

Troubleshooting/Bug Reports

Q: The extension stopped working because of an update!
A:
Go to your script editor and make sure the script is above main!

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[EDIT] Nevermind, it wasn't working on the current beta version, but did work when I turned back to the usual current version.

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, neither do I actually, if you say it is working for you...

It is working on the stable version, but on the current beta... it didn't.

And to make it worse, I had installed your other one that remove the voice options - because I'm not using voices - first and when I installed this one it apparently removed the other. Installing the non-voice back removed this one. But again, only on the beta.

I have no idea what I may have done wrong. I did check if they were above the Main file.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I tried, but then I'd have to film myself playing to show how the spacebar isn't working instead of it looking like just a frozen screen with a spinning square... I'm not good at editting...

Hope you don't mind if I just use images to explain the process I did.
Ok, first things first, I had installed before the update three of your extensions: this one, the no voice one, and the choice box one. The no voice is working in the beta (didn't test the choice box yet, to be honest), but this one isn't.
nw_2019-03-25_05-58-03.png

However, in the Extension Manager only the latest one is being shown:
nw_2019-03-25_05-58-31.png

So, for showing what is going wrong I uninstalled the choice boxes one... as you can see, it ended up removing the others too...
nw_2019-03-25_06-18-25.png

So, I set to re-adding them. First the no voice one, because it works (by the way, the "execute install script" window lasts much longer in the beta than in the stable version... to the point that it is better to close it after a minute, it still installed though. Is it just me?):
nw_2019-03-25_06-22-42.png
nw_2019-03-25_06-22-59.png
nw_2019-03-25_06-23-24.png

But after I do the same process installing this one... Note: the no voice one should still be there...
nw_2019-03-25_06-25-19.png
nw_2019-03-25_06-25-28.png
nw_2019-03-25_06-25-54.png

And no, this one still doesn't work on the Beta.
It still does on the stable version though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Waterguy so it's not that it's working, it's just getting overwritten. That's completely different. Also everything is working on beta because i'm using it for this video that is also made with 1099:

But thankfully that issue is not a huge problem. What you could do is just install this and then create a new coffeescript file and paste the contents No Voices. It's in my github where this and the other plugins exist.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, sorry, that's not it.
As you can see in the final screens it was the no voice that was overwritten... that is a problem, but not the one I'm focusing on.

Even after it was installed and overwrote the no voices plugin, the spacebar was not advancing the text in the beta (but it did in the stable).
That also happened (or rather, didn't happen) even in the first screens, where the three plugins were installed.

(also, sorry, completelly forgot about idea of using the spoilers to hide the screens)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Even after it was installed and overwrote the no voices plugin, the spacebar was not advancing the text in the beta (but it did in the stable).
That also happened (or rather, didn't happen) even in the first screens, where the three plugins were installed.

Ok, I found the bug. I updated the plugin :kaopride:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is working! Thank you!

4Lore

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
RO
Primarily Uses
VNM
Edit: It is working. I had to update to the latest beta patch.

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello,

I noticed that with the latest beta update(or stable version), the spacebar key works but the backspace key doesn't. :kaocry:
I tested this with a built-in UI 720p example project.

Please confirm your version. Stable is Version 1.0.1086. This only works on VN Maker Version 1.0.1098+ BETA versions

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Looking back at some sketches, and game design documents on my PC dated summer of 2015. I started development with the release of MZ, but in 2015, I felt a strong desire to make a game out of the blue. I remember feeling sad for no apparent reason, and all these ideas rushed into my head. Now that I think about it, since that day, everything has become easier to do on my PC . . . it’s very creepy.
Everything's going to be alright! We're all in this together. <3
Aaaaannd published my game's tech demo. :D

Feel free to download and play it. And give feedback!
Hey everyone, we know that the edit bar is missing. We're working on it. You can talk about it in the announcement here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/forum-errors-missing-edit-bar-etc.132715/
So, explain why we can no longer use BBC code or smilies in our posts? This sparks much sadness...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finley