AES_MZ_CommandControl - Supercharge your battle commands!

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I decided to port over AES_CommandControl, and it went...disturbingly without any problems which has me a bit concerned. :D No but really, this went almost too well, so I expect bug reports. Anyway!

This plugin lets you do all sorts of fun things with actor commands. Copypasta'd straight out of my github:
  • Able to enable/disable attack, guard, and item globally or on an per character/class/equip/state basis
  • Can replace the attack command, optionally requiring certain conditions to be met in order to do so such as less than 50% hp, affliction by a certain state, etc
  • Able to move certain commands, such as guard, over to a left or right sub-menu
  • Can re-order commands by type (attack, limit, single, skills, guard, item, etc)
  • Can unleash special abilities when using basic attack, based on certain conditions combined with random chance
  • Can seal the item command on an actor/class/equip/state
  • Can set single skills on the actor command window, similar to attack
  • Able to repurpose TP into a limit break resource, showing a special command once TP reaches a certain threshold--either temporarily overwriting the attack command or appearing as an extra, temporary command in the actor command window
  • Can apply states when an actor guards in addition to the standard guard effect. These effects can be applied to either the user or even the entire party
HvCnX6S.gif

26YQcnh.gif

QAOh24W.gif
You can find this plugin in my RMMZ library here

Edit: The terms of use can be found in the readme there and should be reviewed before using, but in general: free in commercial and noncommercial alike, just give me credit, don't try to pass it off as your own, etc. :)

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @Aesica, could you please add terms of use?
Oh right, I should mention that's listed in the readme on my github. I'll include that on the main post, but I do like to keep the terms consolidated so, if I ever have to update them, I don't have any inconsistencies.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Aesica How do I put the escape option back to the list of actor's commands?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aesica How do I put the escape option back to the list of actor's commands?
Escape command? It doesn't really touch the party command menu. Or are you using some plugin to add it to individual actors?

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Aesica Not the party command menu, but the individual actor's command menu. If I disable your plugin, I'd have these commands: Attack, Skills, Guard, Item, Escape. What happened to the Escape command? How do I put it back in?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aesica Not the party command menu, but the individual actor's command menu. If I disable your plugin, I'd have these commands: Attack, Skills, Guard, Item, Escape. What happened to the Escape command? How do I put it back in?
In order for my plugin to work how it does, I had to completely override makeCommandList() which means any other plugins that try to add commands (which is where escape on individual party members is coming from) are unfortunately blocked from doing so. I had to make a special allowance for the Equip command and would have to do so for the escape command as well. If you can tell me which plugin adds it, I can help you get it back.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Aesica I realized that the Escape command is in the actor's command menu because of Visustella's Battlecore plugin. Would be great if you can update your plugin to put it back in. ^w^

The Equip command comes from another plugin that is not compatible with VS. Are you able to make a compatibility patch for this as well?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, it's visustella. Unfortunately, not much I can do since they obfuscate their code, making it completely unreadable. In order to add the command back, I'd need to know the name of the function used to add the command. The only workaround I can think of is to create a skill that triggers the party's escape, then add it to all actors as a single skill command, but that's probably not ideal.

Sorry.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hey everyone! No Studio Blue RPG Maker Critiques Stream today! But you can always check the playlist for old streams you've missed!

I ran out of paper sheets to draw, so I guess I'm forced to do digital for a while now...
x778xt8.jpg

Still haven0t found a colouring style that I like :kaoswt:
woods.pngshop.jpgboss.jpgRoom.png

Mapping is becoming so much easier!
FirestormNeos wrote on Neikoku's profile.
the cat in your profile picture is adorable
Are the default-size "chibi" sprites really a bad thing for a project? I'm not planning to sell my game anyway but I was wondering if they were as hated as some videos seem to claim...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soda102