MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
Presenting 2 scripts here:

[1] Is from a request here, allowing developers to control how event continue to run after save/load using a conditional branch & switch.

[2] Is a way to abort any running events as soon as the game loaded from a request here. (It's originally meant for a hot fix as shown in that request)

Since both scripts are useful and pretty high on demand, i am putting them both here.

Features:

[1] A way to control how the event continue to run after mid-save and loading.

[2] A permanent way to abort event right after loading.

How to Use:

For script 1:

[1] Set up the Switch you with to use in the script

[2] Turn on the Switch before SAVE

[3] Conditional Branch after calling SAVE in an event to check if the switch is On/Off

[4] Switch is automatically turned off after load so the event can run the Off condition after loading.

For script 2:

[1] Plug & Play, will automatically abort any running  events after loading.

Warning note: This script will disable the design of continuous battle/story-line in between event saves.

*Only choose to use one of the above script in a single game project.

Compatibility:

Both scripts should work fine along with other custom scripts. Unless a custom script placed below them is using an overwrite method. When that happens, simply move this script below that custom script will do.

Terms of Use:

Free for use in both Commercial & Non-commercial projects.

Script 1: Event after load Controlled by Switch

#==============================================================================# ■ Meow Face After Load Switch#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# Author: Meow Face#==============================================================================# How to Use:# [1] Set switch to true before save# [2] Run conditional check on switch true/false, if true, continue the event, if false abort the event# [3] Load the game and try, the switch will be automatically turn off every time you load the game.#==============================================================================module MeowFaceAfterLoad#==============================================================================# Settings Area#==============================================================================    SWITCH1 = 1 #Switch number to use  SWITCH2 = 2 #Switch number to use (Set to 0 if not used)  #==============================================================================# End of Settings Area# Edit anything past this line at your own risk#==============================================================================endclass Scene_Load < Scene_File  alias mf_load on_load_success  def on_load_success    $game_switches[MeowFaceAfterLoad::SWITCH1] = false    $game_switches[MeowFaceAfterLoad::SWITCH2] = false    mf_load  endend
Script 2: Abort all events after Load

Code:
#==============================================================================# ■ Meow Face Abort Events after Load (Hot-Fix)#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# Abort all running events after loading#==============================================================================# How to Use:# Plug & Play, Put this script below Material and above Main#==============================================================================class Game_Interpreter  attr_reader   :list  attr_accessor   :indexendclass Scene_Load < Scene_File  alias meowface_load on_load_success  def on_load_success    meowface_load    $game_map.interpreter.index = $game_map.interpreter.list.size  endend

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
Alternative version until the top post messed up code is fixed:

After Load Switch:

#==============================================================================
# ■ Meow Face After Load
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Author: Meow Face
# How to Use:
# [1] Set switch to true before save
# [2] Run conditional check on switch true/false, if true, continue the event, if false abort the event
# [3] Load the game and try, the switch will be automatically turn off every time you load the game.

module MeowFaceAfterLoad

# Settings Area

SWITCH1 = 1 #Switch number to use
SWITCH2 = 2 #Switch number to use

# End of Settings Area
# Edit anything past this line at your own risk

end

class Scene_Load < Scene_File
alias mf_load on_load_success
def on_load_success
$game_switches[MeowFaceAfterLoad::SWITCH1] = false
$game_switches[MeowFaceAfterLoad::SWITCH2] = false
mf_load
end
end

After Load Event Termination:

Code:
# ■ Meow Face Abort Events after Load (Hot-Fix)
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Abort all running events after loading
# How to Use:
# Plug & Play, Put this script below Material and above Main
class Game_Interpreter
  attr_reader   :list
  attr_accessor   :index
end
class Scene_Load < Scene_File
  alias meowface_load on_load_success
  def on_load_success
    meowface_load
    $game_map.interpreter.index = $game_map.interpreter.list.size
  end
end

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Raptor Revolt Demo 4_10_2021 3_12_09 PM.png

Latest custom tileset work for RAPTOR REVOLT in this beach scene set in the acheroraptor capital in Ridge City, Hell Creek.
unknown.png

I figured it was about time to update the battle sprite for one of my characters. The old one was the first time I ever drew a battle sprite, and filled with lines that shouldn't be there. So far, the new one is cleaner.
EQAQeW8.png

This was supposed to become her neutral talking stance, but now i just feel like she looks a little puzzled :D
I'm also open for any name suggestions, as i seriously suck at those. In my notes everything is just THE CITY or THAT GUY and THIS PRIESTESS or whatever :D
Nearing completion of the first major city of Albert, a vacation getaway city built a long time ago by a king who really didn't want to be invaded.
It’s definitely a great day to fit in some time for me to play no mans sky on PS4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L_Aede_Aveugle