Agon (Recruitment)

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Yuuta Kirishima, May 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Yuuta Kirishima

Yuuta Kirishima Software Engineer/Professional Mayonnaise Player Veteran

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Agon

What is Agon?

Agon is a non-profit organization, or team, aimed at creating quality RPG Maker games.

What do we need?

We are recruiting many members to the Agon team, specifically these roles:

Senior/Lead Designer

Current - 1

This is a very important role, this person must be very adept at producing high quality RPG Maker Games, experienced with RPG Maker, as well as have effective communication skills.

Game Designer

Current - 0

This a vital role, this person must be able to proficiently use RPG Maker, and its key aspects.

Game Tester

Current - 0

This person must be able to identify bugs in games, and deliver constructive criticism.

Game Mapper

Current - 0

This person must be able to effectively create elegant maps, Parrallax or non-Parallax.

Game Programmer

Current - 0

This person must be able to debug code errors, and develop features.

Digital Artist

Current - 0

This person must be able to effectively create either game art, or other aspects of digital art (logos, titles etc.)

Art Director

Current - 0

This person controls the Art of the game, this person identifies what art needs to be created, what art will be used or not used.

Game Composer

Current - 0

This person must be able to effectively create music for games.

What's in it for you?

1. Connecting with many great other developers and content creators.
    2. Custom Organization email: yourname@agonstudios.ga
    3. Selling a game? Put it on our marketplace! And we'll advertise it and share it with many others!
    4. Creating an Asynchronous multiplayer game? We'll host your servers and Databases!
    5. Access to our file storage system.
    6. Access to the collaborative project development system.
    7. And much much more!

Where do I begin?

Apply here: http://apply.agonstudios.ga/

Current Projects:

Torchbearer 1%

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  2. Saltwater Croc

Saltwater Croc Voice Actor/Frelance Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hmmmmm.... looks really tempting...  How long have the team been in business? Any previous examples?

Also how do you handle policies of content created for you by artists (writing, visuals, music... all inclusive)?  (Example: Most artists retain rights to content created and the team/studio use them. Especially since it's a free project)

3. Niten Ichi Ryu

Niten Ichi Ryu Grey Lords Emissary Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Am I right to assume that the only current role fulfilled of senior lead designer supposed to have extensive experience is you :) ?

4. Yuuta Kirishima

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You are very right :)

The team is brand spanking new, the only projects I have are the projects I've created, which have all being cancelled, I am going to attempt extensive quality control with the members of the team.

5. Niten Ichi Ryu

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Aren't you missing in your roles writer, director and producer? these are slightly different than the game designer who would actually be more in charge of Gameplay. The writer would compose story, scenes and characters, and the director would direct such scenes and actors, based on the writer's scenario.

The producer is the one actually driving the all (like a project manager) and guarantees that the studio's vision for the game and interest sticks to the plan, or that deviation to it are acknowledged, thought out and understood by everyone. I think this is probably what you intended by Lead designer, but in the end, it's an even bigger role than lead designer. Game developpers and techies are important in the process, but the "office" people are the one who make sure the project go round.

Also instead of a simple Game Tester, you need a QA lead, and QA agents (game testing is only a small bit of the QA).

That sort of chart would be useful for you to determine the structure. Probably will not need the CEO and Investors as well as the 3d Part, but the rest would apply. QA would come once the dev is over, or can be also integrated as part of the project team.

Such a team would be needed for each game developed, with possibility of overlapping duties/team if some games are developed concurrently, though I would suggest having one different Producer, Project manager and Lead Designer for each game.

[​IMG]

Marsigne likes this.
  6. Yuuta Kirishima

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I neglected to include writer, it completely slipped my mind. However, there are some roles that are given and not simply applied for, these roles will have access to deep roots of the organization and they need to be selected.

7. Niten Ichi Ryu

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That could be a recruitment mistake, critical positions like PM or Producers need to be open for applications, as distributing these roles trough your described structure could lead to people at the wrong place and overlapping/conflicting responsibilities.

to be honest a producer and a PM needn't really have hyper developped RM skills (sufficent enough to follow the track of developpment) they need PM and producer skills.

Yuuta Kirishima likes this.
  8. Yuuta Kirishima

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your insight is greatly appreciated, and will be taken into account, thank you very much.

9. Shimbius

Shimbius Writer/Voice Actor Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    There's also things like marketing/advertising that are meant to advertise games and get the word out about them throughout certain stages of development. Of course, these people are more for commercial projects rather than non-profit like you're saying. Though at least having someone on the team that can put a video trailer for the game together is never a bad idea just to have that available!

Yuuta Kirishima likes this.
  10. Danny L

Danny L Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Ill test it free if ya wan, just s3nd me the link.